We know how players are ranked, but what do teams actually need?

It’s said that we need: DE, CB, & LB.

To add more some more love to Shiela’s team, the above is the exact reason Disner and Sosna now handle those things (along with Rod). Basically ensures we can all sleep well at night knowing Dorsey isn’t getting anywhere near cap and contracts.

1 Like

I see this thrown around a lot and I would say that DE is our deepest position on the team.

DE may be the BPA when we pick but I just don’t see it as a need. Harris/Okwara/Okwara/Paschal/Cominsky/Hutchinson = currently 6 on the roster (not counting Houston as many seem to like to call a LB even though he mostly lined up at DE for us last season).

It’s a pretty tough call on who to cut if we end up taking a DE in the 1st or maybe 2nd. I don’t think anyone drafted after that is bumping one of the above off the list.

2 Likes

I agree, in taking a hard look at this roster, there’s a couple spots where you can target improvement. DT, WR, and PR. A couple spots where you might look at taking out an insurance policy, CB, G.

Overall, I think with the top picks they will be looking at Best Available That Fits Attitude Requirements, or BATFAR. I think picking at 6, with where the roster is at, you want to bring someone in to a position group that is going to take the mentality of what you want further in that direction and is going to push a deeper buy in. The talent has to be there, but I would wager that’s the ideal target.

If I knew Carter had that mentality, it would be an easy choice, but I think the front office is going to be earning their money on making that call.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.