We Need Elite

Is Goff a good QB? I will go with yes. Is he able to take us to the promised land? Nope!

3 Likes

So his big take is that Josh Allen is better than Jared Goff?

10 Likes

Yeah, yeah. Been hearing this for 13 years.
It’s old, tiresome, and flat out, wrong!

7 Likes

His big point? Goff is not capable of making the plays necessary at crunch time. I agree. I also feel Goff is a great place holder until Brad & Co. think the right guy is there for the taking.

10 Likes

Ask Rob what he thought about Allen’s last throw In Their bad loss to the colts and a fired head coach

That’s the difference between Josh Allen and mahommes in a nutshell. When the bills needed a big throw Allen missed it. When the chiefs needed a big throw, mahommes made it

The odds of getting a Qb to out play josh Allen

Also on the animation , when ball starts it looks like it’s headed on projectory of where Chark started before he bent the route in -

Was Goff throwing to where he thought Chark was going ? Or did he just throw a bad ball ?

3 Likes

This is just the same old fallback to, “It’s the quarterbacks fault”. Pass protection sucked. Our running game sucked. We’ve got one healthy, decent wide receiver. Arguably our top three defensive backs were all out of the game. We have very little depth because we are in a total rebuild. We were down to our fifth and six offensive guards. It’s just so tiresome to always hear the entire game was lost on a single play by the QB. The usual oversimplification at its finest. How about Sewell doesn’t get that 5 yard penalty and we would’ve picked up a first on that 2nd down? How about we focus on that unforced error as the reason that we lost? If you wanna pin it down to a single moment of why we lost, that’s my best guess. We would’ve had the first down and at a minimum would’ve been able to bleed the clock out.

We did not lose yesterday’s game because of Jared Goff. In fact, I am more encouraged by Goff after yesterday’s performance. We need players around him. We need explosive players around him.

14 Likes

Yeah choking when the game was on the line wasn’t his fault at all.

1 Like

It’s not just that throw. Goff folds when he is pressured that’s why he isn’t elite.

1 Like

So, who is RG III? Isn’t he the guy that lost his job to Cousins?
I’d kinda like to hear what RG III, thinks RG III could have done against the Bills defense with his Center playing injured and two PS Guards.
You folks can keep bitching about Goff, but, you’re just making yourselves look like the Stafford haters, who btw, won a Super Bowl.
You’re in luck! You’re going to have Goff to bitch about for at least two years, probably the next 4-6 years.
You’re gonna be so happy.

10 Likes

Ah, checkmate, you are nothing if not reliable.

3 Likes

Passing numbers were goff>Allen yesterday

3 Likes

Goff has shitty situational awareness. Taking that safety was just as bad.

4 Likes

This is poor logic. Most of the people in here couldn’t make their HS team yet here we are.

2 Likes

But, but but, you know it’s someone else’s fault.
This is and was a game he just wasn’t good enough to win. But that is who he is plays pretty good till there is pressure , pressure in his face or the pressure of having the game in his hands, he folds in these situations and is not very good.

How is it wrong?

Neither Stafford or Goff has won a playoff game…
for “us”……

2 Likes

Need elite? No. You don’t pass on elite because you have Jared Goff though. That would be exceptionally SOL. I personally only see Bryce Young as potentially elite in the 23 draft. The rest are longshots to become elite.

5 Likes

I think it’s obvious that’s the plan. Once this franchise can kick Goff to the road with a clear improvement at the position - boom, he’ll be gone. Until that time he’s a fine place holder for a rebuilding team.

2 Likes

Allen-Diggs made the crucial connection; Goff-Chark didn’t.

Lions mustered no pressure on Allen on that play; Bills mustered immediate pressure on Goff.

Curious how that isn’t mentioned.

5 Likes

Bashing a QB that’s been to a Super Bowl, just like they bashed his predecessor who left here and promptly won a Super Bowl.
I’m sick of hearing it.

3 Likes

Goff had a steaming pile of dogshit for skill position guys last year through 11 games. 0-10-1

Goff gets 1 guy that is Weapunzized and a guy he knows. 3-3 rest of the way. D eats balls all year, puts the O behind routinely.

Goff gets those 2 guys to start the year, plus Swift healthy, well, for a couple games, and a dud of a vet receiver (again). D unbelievably gets worse, PLUS somebody hits TURBO on the SOL joystick again 1-6

Team shakes up the D and trades Hock. Still missing Chark tho, Reynolds hurt…Goff 3-1.

This tells me they are wanting tonsee what adding a healthy Jamo will do out of the gate in 23.

I dont think that Houston or Carolina will trade out of 1 and 2, so premium rookie QB cap reset probably not there. Rams pick may get down to #3 though…probably 4 or 5 though. That is Key Defender range or Maybe franchise QB range.

Given how the D has been the problem this year, I dont see them burning Prime Magic Bean on going sideways in QB performance, at best with a Levis or other QB in 23 and maybe 24.

They do need to draft some skill specific backup players at RB and WR mid rounds though. Catch radius big WR and a scatback passing down RB.

Im still with FA Payne FA DT + Edmunds LB BIG MONEY MAKE IT HAPPEN outside FA.

Resign Swaggy Brown Own FA

Draft 1.4 Edge 1.15 CB 2.45 DT or LB 2.Vikes OG 3. 75 RB or WR

Goff w that is probably enough to make 24 the Decision Year without the prejudice of being evaluated with one foot in the grave out of the gate

7 Likes