We need to play .500 ball during the first 8 games

We then will have a legit shot at the playoffs. I still believe in Quinn and I expect him to find us another steal from a bad team via a trade that hopefully gets us a guard and/or a top notch WR. Patricia is still a question mark as a head coach but he does know how to coach def. I so badly want to stop wasting money on the Lotto and use that money to bet on the Lions. I fear that betting on the Lions would take away from my true fan enjoyment of the game and with my lack of luck, Stafford goes down with a major injury for most of the season. Should I or shouldn’t I bet the over???

1 Like

I agree. Schedule is by far toughest early on. Also, we’ll be learning a new offensive system.

Our D should be really good, this year. O should be improved, especially in 2nd half of season. Our guys are tougher now.

If we don’t implode @ RG, we could have a nice season.

I’m gonna be the first to predict 10 wins and playoffs.

1 Like

Take the over but realize that injuries are part of the game.

1 Like
  1. Right now, the betting on the Lions is at 6.5, I’d take the over on that and put down big money. If my wife would let me, lol.

2. A trade is always possible, could also be for an LB but I ain’t counting any chickens cuz the Lions ain’t that deep to where they can trade way somebody without leaving themselves thin at that position. Maybe they give up a 2020 draft pick, but I don’t wanna do that unless these guys are SB contenders. Which IMHO they ain’t quite there yet.

3. If Stafford goes down, they’re fucked. BUT - he’s one tough mofo, and I don’t see him getting pounded as often this year cuz he should be throwing it a bit less and getting rid of it sooner. Play action will sometimes buy you a bit more time, and I’d like to see him roll out a bit more.

4. .500 thru the 1st half would be good, I’d like to see them go on a roll going into the playoffs. Don’t tell me it can’t happen, it may not be probable but it is possible.

1 Like

Man, we have a rough start. If we play .500 through the first 6, we have a bad ass team!

2 Likes