Week 1 NFL is legggggittttt …

Bills @ Rams: Basically the Super Bowl matchup many of us wanted.

Wilson @ Seattle: epic homecoming.

NFL did it right.

7 Likes

And Von Miller joined the Bills, will face his former team. Should be a great game!

4 Likes

Allen vs. Stafford is also the matchup of my two favorite QBs.

5 Likes

Exactly - SB in week 1! Excited for this game!
My 2 fav non-Lion teams.

Same!

2 Likes

On it’s own day in primetime too.

1 Like

Our schedule makes it clear that we are not on Hard Knocks to advertise the Detroit Lions. We are on so they can clown us. If you thought we had a PR problem before, wait until NFL films gets done with the editing.

I wouldn’t be as down as I am if I didn’t know that the leagues refs call games based on the schedule and ratings. I don’t think the refs themselves are looking at it, but the league is definitely looking at it. And the points of emphasis and grades for refs in Lions games will have a heavy anti-Lions slant.

2 Likes

You make an intriguing point but I don’t know I totally follow you… what makes you think the lions being in hard knocks is to clown us? What correlation are you making with the schedule?

Cincinnati is evidence that the Lions can turn it around when they make an earnest attempt to be a winning franchise.

5 Likes

I could care less about how the lions are portrayed on hard knocks. Let them laugh. I promise you they won’t be after week 1.

5 Likes

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

3 Likes

Hoping to come from Montana for my first game at FF week 1!

5 Likes

I thought being “clowned” by the NFL was a given for a Lion fan.

3 Likes

This is a statement I can get behind 1,000%.

1 Like

I have to admit I’ve never watched Hard Knocks. My adult daughter raves about it though. I’m excited as hell to watch the Lions on it this year.

I imagine we weren’t on it before because Quinn and Patricia were a clown show unto themselves. What a couple of complete boobs. Hopefully HBO and the league doesn’t do us too dirty

it’s all about ratings. It will be interesting to see how many clips are taken out of context, especially with DC.

1 Like

1st game of the season… and possibly the last game of the season???

Have to wonder if that would be unprecedented…

1 Like

If Allen and the Bills win the coin toss in overtime vs the Chiefs, it might have been the super bowl last year.

3 Likes

The NFL schedule is insight into what league circles/media networks think of us. Getting 0 primetime games and 0 4pm games means they think we suck and aren’t watchable. This flies in the face of how WE feel about the team, which is that we are up and coming and entertaining. That was the general energy I had about being on Hard Knocks. People were going to see good stuff on it and it would be good PR. Now that the NFL schedule has come out and the general view is not that we are on the upswing, so it leads me to think they will play the clown show angle of how they edit the footage. It goes back to Dan Campbell’s initial press conference as an example. People had 2 different reactions to it. One reaction was the clown show angle of it. I think that is the direction they are going to go with the show.

1 Like

They’re learning and growing. That game was their version of Pistons/Celtics, where they talked about how they were still learning and growing…not quite ready to win it all yet.
Losing that game will help buffalo to be even more focused and determined moving forward.

4 Likes

Good points Natty! But, that AFC sure is loaded with great teams, coming out of the AFC is going to be extremely difficult. Thank God the Lions are not in the AFC, ha ha

2 Likes