Welcome to Detroit Chase Lucas!

Not a fan of a DB named Chase anymore than I am a fan of a Kicker named Whiff McGee.

Sport Fail GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

3 Likes

He’s only a 7th rounder bc he’s 25 years old.

1 Like

crazy… Ansah was the #5 OA pick at 35yo…

Season 5 GIF by Living Single

5 Likes

Whiff had a cannon for a leg!

1 Like

25, aw man he ready for the old folks home.

1 Like

another thing about a 25 yo late rounder that isn’t a bad thing…

is that IF he makes it and looks good… he could be extended after 3 years per NFL rules.

At age 28… he would likely be more agreeable to a modest extension for some guaranteed money… because hitting UFA at age 29 isn’t gonna be a big pay day.

1 Like

Plus he’s likely to deliver early if at all. The return on the first contract could be quite good.

2 Likes

That’s what I see as well. Given his expected maturity level, NFL coaching at the collegiate level, I don’t think it is a stretch that the level of expectation for immediate returns is higher.

1 Like

Nice pick! Sub 4.5 speed, 3rd best vert.
He’ll get his shot to play some.

1 Like

Funny 4.48 is fast for one pic some like and for a pic they don’t like it’s slow.
think tom and jerry GIF

3 Likes

Lions drafted a CB that had a bunch of passes defensed… and they brought McMillian in for an official 30 visit also…. after he had 40 of them.

Is there a theme?

1 Like

Db is another position to take a 7th rd flyer on each draft… the chance to hit on a late rd stud is higher at db than alot of the other positions

2 Likes

Pettingzoo was almost 25 when we drafted him in the first. This is good value in the 7th

1 Like

Agreed, and last year we had decent play from 2 undrafted guys. AJ Parker and Jacobs.

A golfing buddy of mine is ASU alum and a big fan. He says Chase has a ton of talent but can get lost at times. Sound like he may be a diamond in the rough if he can learn the NFL game

1 Like

For sure. Passes defended is a much better indicator of a corner’s success then interceptions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.