** Welcome to Detroit ** Lions select Malcolm Rodriguez

Its a soild pick and a pick of need.

1 Like

This kid looks like he loves football. Hustle is what I see, and DC probably does too.

Good pick.

1 Like

Never understood letting JRM go. WOuld have rather let Anzalone go. Rodriquezz is a nice consolation…once he gets up to speed.

If we got a guy capable of 100 tackles and 3-5 sacks with a 50 plus PFF grade as our weak link starter… with a 6th round pick for 650K per year for 4 years…

I would totally take J Davis 2.0 for a 6th round price tag.

4 Likes

With a 1.54 10 yard split, he gets up to speed in a flash. I had that wrong at first. It’s 1.54

Short body builder type guy, short arms. Don’t love this body style for the current nfl. Difficult to shed blockers, and offer much pass defense up top on TE’s, all of which are 6-3 to 6-5.

Late round crapshoot material I guess.

1 Like

Tiny LB, but so was Sam Mills. My nephew follows OSU and speaks highly of him.

1 Like

Speaking of crapshoots, here’s the Pats latest pick:

They “stumped the truck”.

2 Likes

Was lucky enough to watch one of his games this past season, definitely was a standout. Good player, has a chance to help

I’m buying.

3 Likes

Zach Thomas also was a beast in a run heavy era. London fletcher as well.

You ever wonder how many defensive players would go higher in the draft if they actually wrapped up when they tackled? It drives me crazy that all these kids try to shoulder players to the ground. Players today are too strong and athletic for that to work on a regular basis. Yet you see it multiple times every game.

Lmao, I got a kick out of the 1st round pick the Pat’s made. How ESPN had no cut ups of him.

Kind of felt bad for the interns that were probably running around looking for film & couldn’t find any soon enough

Edit to ad: Meant for “LineBusy” not sure how to quote post/respond yet

2 Likes

Go back to 2020 and 2021 drafts in 6th and 7th…. The only full time starter I can pick out I Russell Gage who is already gone.

The success rate of the players taken eleven making the team in 6, 7 is low.

Only 26% of nfl starters come from rounds 4, 5, 6, 7 COMBINED or about declining 9, 8, 5, 4……

The odds of getting a useful starter in round 7 is super low.

Much better odds from UDFA

1 Like

For Lyonfan1

Does the study account for teams being able to make 10-15 UDFA signings vs 1-2 7th round picks?

1 Like

Depend how you look at it. Certain teams are better at finding and recruiting them. Holmes seemed good in LA and was here.

So if we know we can bring guys in tomorrow with 4-6 round grades and maybe some medical, so we avoid the pick, but land the UDFA…

Regardless of ratio, and more bullets, it still accounts for more starters.

Well, I guess since NBC could put together a list of 10 players drafted in the 6th round or later since at least 1956, that most 6th or 7th rounders have the chance to be as good as those 10.

3 Likes

This late round LBer runs a 4.52 40!!!

We;ve drafted corners who weren’t that fast. I love having some speed at the LB level!

Great pick!

6 Likes

This is a cool little highlight reel. A couple nice INTs in here as well as good coverage and some nice sacks.

I like this guy!

5 Likes