Welp now that preseason is over...how's everyone feeling?

I picked confident going into game one but also won’t be surprised to see if we struggle a little against Philly. Picking the first option doesn’t mean the second one isn’t included in that choice.

True and cuz they’re not double-teaming Bryant, he’s racking up sacks, hurries and even blocked a field goal tonight. Who is this guy?!? My real point is, pre-season doesn’t tell you how regular season will go. Lions were undefeated in the pre-season that year we went 0-16.

1 Like

Our starting OL is a beast mode!
Our starting rotation at edge is disruptive!
Our starting RBs are complimentary
Our QB is very solid
Our WR room is deep

People are sweating are backup QBs, but that’s only because we’ve been forced to watch them. Lol

People are worried about Chark, yet he’s played like 14 snaps and had 2 targets, either catchable.

People are worried about Brockers…. yet he’s played like 8 snaps or so all preseason. IM GUESSING ITS BECAUSE HES LOOKED GOOD IN CAMP AND PRACTICE AND IS A 10 YEAR VET, NOT TO HIDE HIS INEPTITUDE FROM THE DEN!

People are worried about the perceived Okudah vs Harris battle and what that means for Okudah, but I’m not sure Harris is even making the team- likely but not sure.

—- Bottom line, I think Hard Knocks was confused for a backstage pass to what DC is thinking.

I have no idea who the RB3 and RB4 are…. It seems like Netflix, J Jackson, and J Jefferson could be a featured back for a game or 2…. Who gets cut I have no clue.

I have no idea about Cominsky, Buggs, Hector, Board, Davis, nor does it matter.

We will all find out together soon.

And the Tuesday after (9/6 even though we’ll know the cuts) will be a tough Hard Knocks to watch man. They show it. Right in the room. Guys losing their job and potentially their career.

Those are the moments that Hard Knocks likes to build up to. While fans wonder “why are they not showing more of such and such starting player guy” the show likes to tell the story of guys that are going to be in the cut scenes. Some of which will never make an NFL roster. Their lifelong dream is shattered by reality. They have made it this far, but the leap from being a star on every other level isn’t enough to become an NFL player. Its heart breaking but also helps to build respect for how good the remaining players actually are.

1 Like

I think Boyle will cut himself before the meeting!

1 Like

This is a team with a 6 win ceiling. This team is devoid of talent and they showed that this pre season. Brad Holmes has set Campbell up to fail. Very good chance Holmes is a worse GM than Quinn.

Holmes has done a worse job in his first 2 off seasons than Millen, Mayhew and Quinn did in their first 2 off seasons.

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

6 Likes

Yeah go back and look at Millens first draft. Let me know when Holmes brings in that level of talent.

Lions are expansion level bad on defense.

Same I was last year. Same as I was the year before. Same I am b4 preseason and same now after preseason. Until they actually do it, it’s all just fluff.

It’s hard to judge tbh. I only watched the first half, but the defense actually played pretty good or at least better than expected. Clearly the offense is in trouble if Goff goes down, but that shouldn’t be a surprise. Both teams need to clean up the penalties, but weirdly enough I’m feeling pretty good about the team.

I guess the biggest concern is our vaunted OL had a really tough time moving the line of scrimmage, but even that I’m not as concerned with as I think that group will continue to get better barring health of course.

Did you notice the package they had when they collapsed the pocket on trubisky? They had Hutchinson and comanisky inside with Harris and Bryant at end. I like that very much. It’ll give us an inside rush on passing downs we didn’t have last year.

2 Likes

Our line played well. A lot of it was missed blocks by tight ends and receivers. Pittsburgh also run blitzed the hell out of us because we were playing Boyle and blough. Don’t worry about the line. It wasn’t as bad as it looked.

5 Likes

That’s precisely how I envision Paschal being used when he gets back. Moving him inside with Hutch on passing downs. I continue to love the Cominsky signing.

1 Like

Ah okay I missed that.

Yep Pitt was bringing 6 and 7 guys on most plays and just attacking at the snap. They knew Boyle was beating them in the air.

Also, in a regular season game, they would have studued film and worked on picking up those blitzes all week. Also would have had a play or two to make them pay for it

2 Likes

Interesting idea. Obviously we won’t know for several years how this plays out. I think Sewell will be better than backus. St brown is already better than Scotty Anderson. Shaun Rogers was a beast and is better than McNeil and onwuzurike so far. McNeil has the potential to be just as good as Rogers. We’ll see. Raiola was mostly an average starter. Sometimes above average but mostly average. We’ll have to wait and see what iffy, Barnes and onwuzurike turn out to be. Right now though I’d say it’s about even.

Yup. There’s no way Pittsburgh is that aggressive in the regular season and we don’t see a single screen pass or deep shot. Swift would have killed them out of the backfield today.

That is similar to the “NASCAR” package the Giants used on their way to a Super Bowl. I really like it.

2 Likes

That 4th and 1 didn’t work because Pittsburgh jail blitzed both backers and a safety. Hockenson missed the block on miles Jack and he made the stop. The line got about a yard push on that play. Hockenson was terrible in the run game today. That’s starting to be a concern.