Welp!

My bother is a correctional officer. Yesterday he had to take prisoner to the hospital and he was tested positive for the nasty virus. Now my brother most likely has it.

Maybe not. Hope not. Presumably your brother is young and healthy, so I’m sure even if he is infected, he’ll be okay.

1 Like

Let’s just pray that this isn’t the case!
I also have been seeing, that people who have O type blood (negative or positive) are less susceptible to coming down with the virus. (not sure what your brother has)

This has not been identified as fact yet. However this is the trend they are watching and testing on. So far it’s held up to the statement.

3 Likes

Most ppl will be fine, even if they catch it. Rough being in a highly populated area, though.

2 Likes

Thank goodness your brother is on the good side of those iron bars! Hope the best for him Marty.

…and my thoughts go out to all the poor people on the wrong side of those bars right now. Regardless of reason for incarceration, it has to be the worst place to be right now with all this going on.

-Low priority on Society ladder
-limited/poor medical care
-over crowded living environnment
-poor hygiene and shared bathrooms

It’s a bomb waiting to explode…and what are the chances it was contracted by a prisoner? It was brought in from the outside and now they are trapped with it.

It’s tough, these are essential jobs and your brother is in a life threatening environment without the invisible bugs in the air. Hats off to these correctional workers and I hope these prisons don’t get ravaged by this disease.

5 Likes

Prisons and areas where the homeless congregate could be absolutely awful when it comes to CV

Thoughts and prayers with your brother, Marty. Well, all of your loved ones for that matter.

2 Likes

Thoughts and prayers are with your brother!!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and kind words. I’m sure he will be ok, but it makes this thing a lot worse with a loved one.

2 Likes

hopefully he is ok. you would think the people working there would be taking lots of precautions to slow/stop the spread. I strongly support those on the good side of the bars.

1 Like

I’ll pray he will be okay. I’ve been conflicted about this the entire time. As most probably most know by now I’m someone who really leans on people who have knowledge and authority on a subject. 3 of my uncles are doctors and since I worked in a hospital for years I’m close w many doctors and nurses and one of my uncles is a bio-chemical engineer whose whole career has been working to fight all these viruses that have come up over the last 3 decades. They all have said this will affect most like a cold in terms of how contagious it is and feel like a flu BUT it is still nerve wracking bc of the unknown. The reality is most of us will be affected by it at some point if we have not all ready. So even though people I trust might say it will be okay, I still don’t want anyone I know to have to go through the anxiety of dealing w it.

Plus I don’t know about anyone else but the one thing I can’t stand is shortness of breath…no way no how…f that.

3 Likes

I mean. I would imagine they would test every one. Last thing you want is a bunch of people behind bars being sick with all those workers who then would get sick. We need them to work. My brother is 30, so I would think he would be ok.

1 Like

I read this morning that a total of six prisoners (Michigan) have tested positive. Yeah, the prison system is a ticking timebomb.

1 Like

I’m just glad my older brother is retired from the correction officer career. He isn’t necessarily as exposed at this point.

2 cases where he works now. And he still has to work after being involved with someone who has it

great. more stress for an already stressful job.

1 Like

Yes, changes everything thing when it hits home

2 Likes

Please tell me his name isn’t Kirk.

Nope

1 Like

He’s my cousin. Talked to him last night.

Coldwater?