What about Pickett as our QB

I’m not a big supporter of taking QBs with small hands. Pickett will come close to having the smallest hand ever recorded at the combine for a qb.

I wanna look at more Desmond Ridder. He has the strongest arm in the draft…and he is mobile. He just needs to be more consistent in his delivery.

1 Like

I think you can get Ridder in the third.

You can’t get Ridder in the third IMO.
You’d have to grab him at 33 or trade down from 33.

I understand the argument against taking a QB, but the other side of waiting for a QB is we get full season of this… again.

I, for one, can’t stomach 2 winless seasons back to back.

That might finally break me.

Fans need a QB drafted, just to have something to have a little hope in.

1 Like

I don’t know about depth of the class, but Corral isn’t even the best QB in the SEC. Jefferson, the redshirt Sophomore from Arkansas is a cut above Corral imo. Also, don’t discard the idea that some of these talented QB’s will declare early if they can clearly see they would go high in an otherwise weak class.

I am going to say this now and save it for next April
There is NO way Holmes/DC draft a QB in the first round!
I’m not even sure they take one in the draft at all

1 Like

I wouldn’t be opposed to something like

Hutchinson
Willis

And then spending the 2nd and a little extra to move up a couple spots back into the first for a WR

That move up would net us a 3rd player with a 5th year option

I like him. Off script will be night and day. He’s old and the hands. Arm is just okay to maybe ok (+). I’m fine with it. There are a bunch of QBs in which I both have very little faith in but also totally get their bull thesis. He’s one of them.

After looking at Ridder…I feel he is 3rd round or even day 3 material. His footwork needs work. Often times he is flat-footed. It also leads to being inaccurate on more passes than you want.

I feel he has regressed from a season ago. However…strong arm and he is mobile enough. Also has the size and I’m guessing larger hands. He is also tough.

He is a project. I’d say round 4. Early round 4.

I laugh at some reasons people have, First there is not even a RD one QB IMO in this draft. If we draft one I would lean towards Strong or Ridder . This crap about Ridder throwing flat footed is just that Crap. All in this draft have warts like any draft but most of the warts would move them at earliest Rd 2 for a couple. If lions Take One will be to work as backup to Goff for a year an if taken in second rd if he fails he would likely be OK backup an we have two first rd picks in 2023 its not a lot of money if taken in second rd.

1 Like

I think his stock will rise or fall depending how they do in the CFP. He could gain a lot of interest if CIncy makes some waves in the playoffs

Totally agree with that. It’s why I said no way they draft a QB in the first round. Again not even sure there is anything in this draft that they would spend draft equity on for a QB, unless they really just want a backup, but in my opinion you don’t spend draft picks on that

What do you guys think of TAULIA
TAGOVAILOA?

I love his mobility. Seems like a playmaker. Arm seemed strong enough.

Strong is like a standing tree in the pocket…I hope we dont go that route

I’d like us to go get Blake Bortles this offseason

I’m starting to think it’s a great draft for the Lions a QB in the 3rd. That’s not too high that there will be a huge push to start him. He can sit on the bench for a year while we build the rest of the team

But mostly, I don’t think there’s a big drop off between the first QB taken and the 7th QB taken this year

Get the developmental kid and if he doesn’t work out it’s not like we spent a first overall, top five or even first round pick

Admittedly I haven’t watched a lot of Nevada. But the highlights I’ve seen, he moves around in the pocket pretty well. Not a threat to tuck and run for 50 yards, but he moves around in the pocket like a vet

Who is your number 7 QB?

1 Like

Like I wrote above, I think Strong might be the 7th taken. But I could see him going 5-7

Pickett, Corral, Willis, Ridder
Howell, Daniels, Strong

I’m kind of tired of having pure pocket passers, especially when we know our line is better at run blocking. I actually really like this year’s draft, because it has several high ceiling players with big arms and great mobility. Ridder has the biggest arm? You’ll find draft analysts saying the same of Willis or Howell. Doesn’t matter really. Splitting hairs. Willis makes a fifty yard pass to the sideline from a full sprint, on target, with the flick of the wrist. Only a couple of qbs that can even do that at the next level, they say. Willis is playing his way out of our top pick, it seems, but I don’t think he’ll ever drop far enough for our second.

No sure fire top qb, they say. If you’ve followed a few drafts, you know there is no such thing. You would’ve said the same of Lamar Jackson, drafted at the end of the first. We could really use that player now. If you don’t like this year’s crop, you’ll find a reason to dislike next year’s too.

Corral, Willis, Ridder, and probably Howell have the tools to succeed at the next level. Will they all succeed? Probably not. Will they all fail? Probably not. Will we regret not picking one of them in a couple years? Virtually guaranteed. I can understand not picking one at the very top, but if there’s value at the end of the first or top of the second? You’ve gotta take your shot.

If we’re picking outside of the top ten next year… the idea that the third or fourth qb taken will be hands down better than the top qb this year… that’s very, very unlikely to prove itself true.

Jayden Daniels isn’t getting taken over Strong. Personally I think it’s six and then off a Cliff. Though I do like Jurkovic if he doesn’t get Mortal Kombat Fatality’d while playing.