What annoyed me about that game

The last drive that the Cardinals had that tied the game up and sent it to overtime was basically all illegal pick plays when they got close to the end zone. The end result would’ve been a whole lot different if they called those. The Lions probably would’ve won. Now I’m not making an excuse for the Lions choking and I’m definitely not saying that this was the only reason for the tie. The coaches didn’t do good at all. Bevell needs to trust Stafford to get the ball off before the play clock expires. Patricia needs to practice situations. When you can decline a penalty to make it 4th and 2 and have them punt, you do that instead of making it 3rd and long. If he would’ve made the right decision the Cardinals wouldn’t have gotten their third field goal. There’s always a couple of these games every year that just annoy you every time you think about them.

They ran pick plays the whole 4th qtr
Refs were letting go so why change

We wouldn’t have needed OT if we didn’t shoot ourselves in the junk. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed the pick plays too.

What annoyed me was the 2nd half.

1 Like

Rex Ryan said on Sunday NFL Countdown that he didn’t like the new air raid offense because a lot of it is based on illegal pick plays. Well, it’ll work if they don’t call them penalties.

3 Likes

I agree that there were some obvious offensive PI calls that were bypassed. We’re the Lions though so I hardly gave it a second thought

Sounds like Green Bay’s methodology.

Lions always get jobbed in AZ.
Stafford had to ask for the neutral zone infraction after he drew them off.
Annoyed me how blatantly the announcers were rooting for AZ too.
That, along with the non calls, make the Lions melt down even more putrid.

1 Like

If you think the refs lost this game for us, I have bad news for ya …

2 Likes

It was like the Kyler Murray variety show, with very special guests, the Detroit Lions.

3 Likes

Almost reminds me of another variety show I watched last year. VERY similar, except the other guys wore green.

2 Likes

I don’t think the refs cost them the game.
I blame coaching.
But it still sucks to watch.

1 Like

Fair enough.

It absolutely does.

The Lions now have to beat the other team, the refs, and their own coaching staff!
It’s ridiculous!

They were annoying but in no way contributed to our loss, IMHO.

Including stripes into a narrative takes the blame off of others who rightfully deserve it.

That said, I’ll be watching much less NFL this year as far as games outside of our own. The officiating is ruining the game.

1 Like

Yeah. The refs were fine IMO. I mean you could quibble about the picks but they allowed the DBs to play. I thought they were fine.

1 Like

I’ll have to re-watch the pick plays towards the end of the game.

Other than that, I thought the game was called pretty fairly.

We are always playing the refs as much as the other team, but, my point was the idiotic coaching.
You’re right, Prevent D way too early. Bevells time out. Patricia taking the penalty…lack of discipline top to bottom.
Coaching!

2 Likes

Gotta love it.
That happened because of the refs now.

1 Like