What are the chances we draft this kid

Strength won’t help him when bigger DB’s just knock him off his routes It will help him some when they try to jam him but there’s no substitute for size. A bigger DB will win in the physicality dept.

Some smaller WR’s have success but they almost always find it in the slot.

Make no mistake an OC will need to be creative in ways to get him open.

Personally I’d rather take a bigger more physical WR in the earlier rounds. If I’m taking a small slot WR type than I’m going to do it in the later rounds. Ala Wes Walker or Julian Edelman type but both of those guys were slightly bigger than Moore too.

1 Like

Let me add this too. I liked Hollywood Brown as well and everyone said his game would translate well to the NFL. That he was more physical and stronger than Cooks. (Which I disagree)

I personally think Cooks, Brown and Moore are similar players with similar attributes. But I digress.

Brown only had 500+ yards as a rookie and is just over 500 yards this year. Like Cooks and Austin he’s had some good games but also like them he gets taken out of games by more physical DB’s.

Rondale is 5’9", Golden Tate is 5’ 10", Tyreek Hill is 5’10". Tyreek is crazy fast but Rondale is crazy strong for his size and he’s compact.

Where Rondale is drafted, I have no idea, it all depends on what he runs at the Combine (if they have one). …but I’m guessing it will be in the 2nd round somewhere.

Rondale is built more like Welker but he’s of course not the Professor of WR that Wes
was. I think Rondale can be a very good pro but I would agree that to get the most of him you probably have to use him as a weapon and find ways to get him in space.

I’m guessing that if he runs somewhere in the 4.4s that he’ll go somewhere between pick 25-45.

I suspect your close on this. Hollywood Brown went 21st I believe.

I just think it’s not wise to take a small WR that early in the draft. No matter how much I like them.

I’ve been harping on this team for not drafting weapons and Rondale fits the description.

1 Like

From a roster risk management point of view you’re probably right, but damn he’s fun to watch.

1 Like

I sound like a broken record but this WR draft is absurd. For instance, Draft Network has Marquez Stevenson as the 30th ranked WR. I think they’re low on that but you move him up and some other great prospects get pushed down. To put that in perspective, last year the 30th WR went late in the 6th round.

Dude can squat 600 lbs and only weighs 180

1 Like

Anyone remember Joe Morris of the NY Giants? He used to squat 555 3 times. 5’ 7" Running Back. Very powerful dude.

Not that he has anything to do with our coming draft, LOL.

1 Like

What’s his verticle?

Really cool, right. I think I remember something about Barry squatting 680. LOL.
I remember Brett Perriman could bench 420, and he weighted 180! CRAZY

I remember watching tape of Kamara in college thinking wow that is some horrible tackling, only for him to do what he did in college in the NFL.

I think sometimes its hard to tell if its bad tackling or player ability.

If I’m bringing skill position players in to scout I would want them to do balance drills. I want to find players with unbelievable balance like Kamara.

Additionally I would prioritize balance drills with my strength and conditioning coordinator.

1 Like

I like Moore but a little concerned with his injury history.