What do we have for sure at WR?

Cooper Kupp is built more like Marvin Jones. He’s not short like Beasley.

He is an underneath, check down receiver who has the savvy to leak deep when it’s open. He feeds off of coverage being diverted to other options and field awareness. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I personally classify Kupp and Beasley in the aforementioned category and MJ as more of an up the field, contested ball, beat you off the line, take it from you even when it’s not mine WR… much like what I see Amon Ra being.

I recall Goff hitting Krupp deep a few times. I don’t recall Krupp being an underneath guy

Kupp wasn’t as much of an “underneath guy” as Beasley, but that is because Diggs, Brown, and Davis cleared the underneath for Beasley, consistently… unless Diggs took the game over underneath and upfield. This left Beasely with what he could get. He leaked out fairly often in Dallas and Buffalo.

Yes, Kupp has gotten the big chunks more often, but I bet he has more 10 yard or less 3rd down catches for the Rams in the past few years of everyone not named Woods. I know both Kupp and Beasley have got to average around 12 yds a grab, and they can’t be that far off in number of catches, so it’s fairly even in my crayon colored book.

wanted us to draft Kupp…but I was happy with Amen , MJ , Golladay…and Tate for that matter.

a big problem?

2 Likes