What do y'all think of Trey Lance?

He is mobile and has a decent arm. Would love to be able to pick him up with one of our first round picks.

2 Likes

Lots of question marks for me.
He didn’t play last year due to Covid.
He had one strong year, is that the norm or exception for him?

Unless you went to North Dakota State, I’m not sure how anybody can think anything about Trey Lance.

1 Like

Would develop nicely under Anthony Lynn. However, I want him sitting a year. Let Chase Daniels take a beating until our line is solidified

I hope he’s the next lions qb

Love that td/int ratio. Love his arm, size and mobility.

Obviously there are concerns with limited experience and the level of position to consider though.

1 Like

We have multiple 1st round picks?

Why were his receivers so wide open all the time? Can’t find any tape of him making difficult, accurate throws, but he seems to have strong arm. He might be the best rushing QB in the class, but they usually don’t last long in the NFL.

4 Likes

based on the assumption Stafford will be dealt for a 1st if not more

2 Likes

Check out this kids story and then tell me Dan Campbell doesn’t fall in love with him.

He was offered as a Safety to big schools and was determined to play QB so took the spot at NDSU. He went on to break records in just 13 games.

If we can trade Stafford, I think picking up this kid at 7 and grabbing a Ryan Fitzpatrick as a placeholder seems like a pretty likely scenario with the other 3 QBs likely been taken by then.

3 Likes

I suggested Tyrod Taylor since he will already know the offense.

1 Like

Oh now you need a oline to be ok. Thought these great new mobile could extend plays on there own while lifting others around them.

TC, I believe our oline is solid. Personally, I think we are missing a powerful guard. I’m hopeful Stenberg will be the guy.

There will be a learning curve for the new QB. He will need to know what’s going on before he takes the field. I have no doubt with the staff Campbell is assembling the future QB will be great

1 Like

I actually do agree with the sitting for a year.

1 Like

I just don’t see anyone taking basically a Freshman in the top 10 of the draft. This would be a huge roll of the dice in the top 10, someone may do it but I hope it’s not the Lions. now if we get a #19 from Wash for Stafford or something even lower and he is still on the board, you have to start considering it.

1 Like

You watch Josh Allen at Wyoming (who runs the same system as NDSU) and tell me he looks better than Lance on tape… Better arm? Yes, but Lance is much more accurate and has better mechanics at the same point in their development. Allen was taken #7 OA… Lance will be a top 10 pick, mark it down.

4 Likes

Check out where DJ has him :eyes:

For sure.

I think I’m kind of falling in love with the idea of Lance being a lion.

It’d be great to add a kid like that as the future + extra picks to begin the rebuild.

2 Likes

Hope he is wrong, I do NOT want Fields. I would take Lance at 7 over Fields

4 Likes

If we add Fitzmagic to the Danimal we will absolutely have the league’s best press conferences.

1 Like

Who cares about winning games, right? We’re a clown organization anyway, so the press conferences should be full of laughs I guess