What else do we have to do to build a run game?

Nah, I am not a HUGE Stafford fan. I think he is super hot and cold, inconsistent. I just understand that we will not get a better QB than him, so you just gotta roll with it.

And yes, that is what I was saying, we won’t need better. Continue to build the run game.

It’s but a draft pick away. No guarantees, but the bar isn’t that high…

Stafford backers ought not mock “faith”…

Sure. The way you imply we need a Brees or a Brady to get a better QB says that you’re a “realist”.

I think the bar is pretty high actually. Stafford is not perfect but he is not terrible. Like I said, hot and cold/inconsistent. I don’t want to get rid of him at all, I am a fan, I just want to not always rely on him. Ease his duties. We see so many draft QB busts every year, I don’t even want to start that journey. I think it would have a negative impact on the organization/team as well if we draft a QB in the 1st. You are then telling Stafford we are trying to replace you. Then we will have all that drama.

There’s the tell.

And when that shows up at a critical time, oh well, right?

I’d rather try for a more consistent QB and fail than know for sure we can’t trust the guy with the ball.

And the final nail. Also an admission he can’t handle competition.

So draft one in the 2nd or 3rd.

Interesting story. I’m sure you’ve gone extensive research on this and are not just speaking from emotion.

Easy peezy. Let’s bench Stafford right now and plan to draft another QB in 2020. I’m sure this will produce a superior QB, no doubt.

1 Like

AngryDriver, I know you are frustrated with Stafford, I get it, I was yelling at those plays too. How he missed that pass to Marvin Jones and just threw it into the dirt. I was like, come on Stafford, you gotta make that play. I just think we need to keep him and build a running game and we will be fine.

Look at the cute doggy shaking the hell out of the strawman. So cute…

Stafford is playing winning football right now. That’s all that matters

Right. Because performance in the pass game has nothing to do with the run game…

Are you really disappointed with Stafford’s play three games in?

If you think he’ll regress I can understand your skepticism but he has played well threw almost 20% of the schedule

Against severely f’d up secondaries. But never mind…

I’ll be damned. Its almost like you have one standard for Stafford and another standard for other QBs.

Naw, you play it right down the middle. Totally above board and beyond reproach. Nevermind my clearly inaccurate assessment.

1 Like

I’ll forgive your inaccuracy like you forgive Stafford’s.

PS. That’s some quality ad hominem you’re dishing out there. I can’t help but laugh…you know, because it’s so funny and all.

And formidable pass rushes. I know Philly hasn’t gone home a ton yet so far this year but if you know football you know that’s a good group too

Ya know, I agree, we have been investing quite a bit into the run game. Sometimes when you are not getting results, you have to question the coaching that is going on right? Jeff Davidson, is he on the hot seat at all?

Ad hominem? Nope…you called it “weight.” Just “weight” things differently depending on how you “feel,” and suddenly its all clear.

1 Like

Maybe you don’t know the meaning of “ad hominem”?

Dang, I was hoping this would de-rail the argument going on.

I’m just dumbfounded by the fact that Stafford has led us to 2-0-1 with a schedule starting @AZ, SD, @PHI and people are still bitching about his play.