What If?

So I was just thinking back a little to last years draft and a question crossed my mind.

Last year the Bears traded up with the Giants to select Justin Fields at #11. They gave up #20, their 5th rounder, and a 2023 1st and 2023 4th. If we were offered that exact same trade, would you have done it? I personally think I would have. The Bears were obviously a team on a downward trend and had a good shot picking top 10 this year. I personally would have made the trade then and would make the trade if I could go back.

At #20 I would have taken Kwity Paye. We likely could have used the 5th rounder instead of our future 4th to package to get Barnes. Maybe we would have had to send the 7th we used on Jefferson as well.

That would have us sitting here today with Kwity Paye instead of Sewell, but also with the 6th pick and two 4th rounder in the top 6 picks. In a deep draft those picks can yield a Couple nice developmental prospects.

We would be sitting pretty at #2 to grab Ekwonu and then turn around and grab Sauce, Hamilton or Stingley at 6 or maybe even trade down. So which would you rather have.

Sewell and KT/Hutch

Or

Kwity Paye
Ikem Ekwonu
Kyle Hamilton/Sauce/Stingley
Brian Asamoah/Tindall
Metchie/Alec Pierce/David Bell

What if the Giants had stayed at #11 and drafted Parsons???

Knowing in advance I would be getting the 7th pick? Hell yeah.

I don’t think it would’ve been a hard projection to expect the Bears to pick in the top 10 in 2022.

Just like I’d expect the Seahawks, Falcons, and Panthers to be picking in the top 10 in 2023 and would love to pick up their future picks.

What if my uncle had boobs, would he/she be my aunt!?

Glad we got Sewell last year!

1 Like

I don’t like the words “instead of Sewell”.

5 Likes

It depends. What do you see in the picture?

st. elsewhere grammy winners GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

1 Like

That’s no longer a requirement. LOL

2 Likes

What if the 49ers would have stayed at #12 and taken Parsons? SB champs?

2 Likes

I love Sewell. I think he has best lineman in the league upside. My main point was the value picking up future draft capital in trade downs. Would love to turn 32 into the Panthers 2023 1st and their 4th and 5th this year. Rhule is on the hot seat and they don’t have a lot of draft capital. Could see him adding more talent this year at the expense of future draft picks

I can’t wait to see if the Dallas Stars ask Parsons to drop the first puck at a playoff game some time… :joy::joy:

https://twitter.com/TheHersheyBears/status/1518651541024120833?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1518651541024120833|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcsports.com%2Fphiladelphia%2Feagles%2Fcowboys-micah-parsons-has-hilarious-puck-drop-hershey-bears-game

1 Like

This may have been his 1st hockey game. Dropped the puck to no one. lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.