What is going on with Goff?

He wants out

But, W/L record, stats…

I’m starting to come around to this line of thinking.

At least in hindsight, I think it was a gigantic mistake not to have Goff getting real reps during the preseason. He’s clearly not comfortable with the offense.

I also think we’re not seeing Lynn adjusting to the reality of the situation. I’ll grant that it’s a bad situation, but the reaction seems to be just “next man up” rather than getting creative with the playcalling to camouflage weaknesses.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/matt-hasselbeck-on-his-final-year-in-seattle-with-pete-carroll-i-loved-it-and-i-didn-t-want-to-love-it/ar-AAPRxTN?li=BB15ms5q

Read this and note Matt talking about rule number one: don’t turn the ball over and he started to do just that…

I have a video sermon on this very concept where if you paint it in your mind you will do it…. Like telling yourself “ I will not hook the golf ball out of bounds today” and that is exactly what you do….

Main point is I see similar traits between these two: Matt and Goff as well as the HCs

LOL - you already are, and it hasn’t happened yet. :wink:
People who are ego driven Loooove “I told ya so’s”. They get to prove their ego/story to be correct. These are high moments for people who are significance driven.

1 Like

I had to go back and re-read what you originally posted, to see what this was even a reference to. I know in my heart that my intent is not to flame-bait/gaslight, so I wanted to look to see if that was actually happening (I’m a human, and humans have egos). I wanted to make sure I wasn’t just subconsciously defending an idea (looking to be right).

In scrolling back up, I HAVE misinterpreted you. I must’ve read your post quickly and made assumptions based on past posts. I was lazy in reading and lazy in my response. When we are lazy and not present our subconscious takes over and our ego will answer.

I was wrong AF about every single thing you posted in that response. I misread a couple of sentences. My brain was probably projecting what you were gonna say, when I read the first couple of sentences, and hurried through the end of it.

Based on what is written here, I absolutely CAN see where you would interpret this as gaslighting. I was lazy in my response. I’d never gaslight with my conscious mind.

I was just being lazy, man. There was some projection in it, because I took it as a Stafford bash, when it wasn’t . If you read the first few sentences taken out of context, it looks and feels like a Stafford bash…but with the context of the entire post, it MOST DEFINITELY IS NOT.

I was wrong, buddy. I will do better next time, and I have learned from this.
Thank you for pointing it out for me.
Had my 20 year old dog put down on Tuesday, and still a little scattered over it.
Not an excuse, just being vulnerable with ya.

I’ll do better next time bro.
I will never apologize for doing my best, and I truly am doing my best.
Gaslighting is a shitty thing to do, and I promise you this isn’t what I was up to. Just an honest, but very lazy mistake that caused a misunderstanding.

I do apologize for creating a miscommunication by being lazy and speeding through a text instead of being present with it. This is basically the internet equivalent of interrupting someone with a response, when you think you know what they are going to say.

Thanks again for pointing it out.

1 Like

Ego driven people are usually insecure and look for ANYTHING to feel good/better about themselves because they can’t do it on their own. Instead of rising up to others’ levels they attempt to drag others down to their level.

2 Likes

In the future. The Rams have been getting quality players for a few years now. It’s going to take the Lions a few years also to achieve anything close to successful.

Consider though, if the logic is that when Goff brought them to a superbowl with the number two offense offense it’s 100% McVey…

If they go back this year with Stafford and a top offense it’s also 100% McVey

@BigNatty reading thru the thread sorry to hear you had to put your dog down brother. Been there a few times always heartbreaking. 20 years is a long time. Glad you were able to spend that time together. My condolences to you.

5 Likes

That’s not my logic, or my contention.
If McVay could win with Goff, so can DC/Lynn.
Why aren’t they?

Hmmm maybe it might have something to do with the RT being a practice squad converted DE, the C being a bubble practice squad guy, the LT being a struggling rookie who trained as RT during camp

Out top two receivers in camp cut or on IR, our third receiver on IR…We have a group of rookies, backups and practice squad slot receivers to throw to

1 Like

Oh, so, there are excuses for the coaching staff.
Must be nice.

It certainly wasn’t the defense.

Im sure they can think of many adjectives about the current player and injury situation. I doubt ‘nice’ is one of them

Thanks, man! Really appreciate you. Not fun. Got my Card hacked last week too, so I’ve been dealing w/other shit as well. A little stacking going on…won’t get into all of it, but lots of distraction creates energy leaks and drained my focus a bit. It’s what happened here.

Thanks for being a good and caring human, and have a great day!

2 Likes

Football is the ultimate team game. This is especially true for a pocket passing qb like Goff. The Lions have practice squad level players and rookies around Goff, so what do you expect him to look like?

In the Rams Super Bowl year, Brandin Cooks averaged 15.1 yards per catch on his way to a 1200 season. That’s Cooks best yardage total ever (and he played with a couple of guys named Brady and Brees too). He did that with Goff throwing him the ball DOWN THE FIELD.

Build a good offense around Goff and he can make those plays like he did in 2018 again.

Btw, Cooks is still only 28, has only one year left on his contract, and is a friend of Goff’s. Maybe the Lions can swing a reasonable trade for him this offseason?

2 Likes