What is the chance the Lions trade down from pick #32?

• 0%
  • 1-25 %
  • 26-50%
  • 51-75%
  • 75-99%
  • 100%

0 voters

I thinks it’s somewhere between 30 to 50%. The fifth year option on certain positions is very very valuable. If Ridder or Corral are still available I could see a team moving up to get their guy.

1 Like

Much better than trading down from #2.

1 Like

They will definitely get calls. Even Bob Quinn wouldn’t be able to deny they came in.

1 Like

I definitely think they may get a few calls as well. With us picking at #34, odds are we can still get our player then if we dropped back from 32. Would love to drop back 8-10 spots and pick up an extra 3rd.

2 Likes

I think the odds of trading down from any pick are almost always below 25%, with the possible exception being a team that already has a QB at the very top of a draft with elite QBs. That probably creeps up as high as any other pick. But at 32, without knowing how the draft has played out, it’s just a guess.

1 Like

Especially if they have 3 guys they like at 32. Might as well get an extra pick. I think trading down for an extra pick is worth more than the option for an extra year.

1 Like

Devil’s advocate for a second.

If there are only three guys you like, picking at 32 allows you to get two of the three. You have to be sure to get excellent to extreme value to trade back to make the drop worthwhile.

2 Likes

Correct. My thought process was more of say if Pickens, Skyy Moore, and Christian Watson were there and they are all rated similarly. Or Lewis Cine, Brisker, and Pitre.

1 Like

The Falcons, Jets, and Seahawks(maybe one other team?) all have more than one 2nd round pick this year. Falcons and Seahawks could offer those picks to Lions to get whatever QB falls to #32. I’d be good with a trade down.

I think they may but I would think 34 would be more likely teams have over night to look over remaining players an might want to move up to get player they want.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.