What is your occupation?

I am sure something like this has been posted before.
I am a Journeyman Plumber, I work all over Michigan. I am working towards getting my Masters License so I can start my own business. Oddly enough I used to be a Chef, I went to Culinary school out of HS and did that for 9 years. I just got sick of it one day. A friend of mine owns a Plumbing and Heating company and I apprenticed there for 5 years before getting licensed. Best decision of my life.

4 Likes

I’m a serial entrepreneur. Too bad too don’t live in Portland. Good reliable plumbers are difficult to find here

1 Like

Finance professional

I work in insurance. Always been in the financial services industry from mortgages to stocks, bonds and annuities. Feeling like making a change but not sure right now which direction I’d like to go. Thought about buying a food truck but the industry seems so unstable, and its caused cold feet. #greatresignation. Lol

2 Likes

what kind of food?

DoD

That’s why whenever I hear about someone serving, I immediately like them :joy:

3 Likes

BBQ food truck/trailer. Ribs, brisket the whole nine yards. I’ve been cooking for family and friends for years. It’s been a hobby of mine for some time. I’ve spent an arm and a leg on grills and smokers.

4 Likes

want to move to Portland and run the empty kitchen in my brewery? :yum:

5 Likes

I’m a sous chef let’s go! :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

I’m a solder on call of duty.

1 Like

Software developer

I do a lot of "solder"ing as well.

3 Likes

Ops manager for a large food co-manufacturing company

Move here and you’re hired!

1 Like

I’d love to lol… unfortunately I’m recovering from back surgery. If things should change I’m down.

1 Like

I’m a stalker, but usually its 40s to 60s dudes with a limp. Dont judge me.

Also, I deny people gainful employment and every so often go on TV to close down strip joints or eff with Nigerian scammers.

On the side I sell painted cardboard, which I make just enough at to lose a bearable but frustrating amount betting on basketball.

6 Likes

Manage a fairly large RV dealership.

1 Like

Sales Engineer. I used to cook in restaurants and burned out as well. Did a year of culinary arts and still love to cook. Got tired of working evenings, weekends, and holidays though.

I moonlight as a soldier on Battlefield1 too.

2 Likes

I’m a chef right now and I’m in exactly the same shoes. I’m done with this industry. I just haven’t figured out what I want my next step to be.

There are some great trades out there or you can commit to getting a bachelors degree. Whatever you choose just commit to sticking to it. Don’t worry how long it will take because eventually you will get it finished. The rewards can be life changing if you make the right choices and stay the course.