What is your occupation?

I used to play a bunch of Battlefield 1. You play on PC?

PS4. Iā€™ve tried some of the newer releases but thereā€™s just something about BF1.

1 Like

Iā€™m a writer, mostly for high tech companies. (Self employed small business for the last, uhā€¦ 25 years?) These days I specialize in ghostwriting for executives.

4 Likes

Small business owner in architectural/construction industry in FL

4 Likes

Jokey
Bar & Grill owner

2 Likes

I appreciate the advice my guy. One of the problems Iā€™m trying to work out is that Iā€™m on the wrong side of 40 and my body is starting to break down. Even though my mind thinks Iā€™m still 25 my body knows Iā€™m not. Lol

1 Like

Hotelier

Pardon my ignorance but what is a sales engineer? Do you design the sales programs for sales teams or something?

I know what you mean. Iā€™ve got 56 years on my tires. I still think Iā€™m 30.

2 Likes

No need to apologize and thanks for the question. I work for a chemical (adhesive bonding / sealing applications) company and do technical sales. I worked as an an application engineer for 20 years and finally went out into the field after the walls started closing in on me. Best decision Iā€™ve ever made. The weeks fly by and Iā€™ve met some really great people.

1 Like

Maybe a side business that can turn into a full time business?

Fully retired, disabled vetā€¦

I work part time teach motorcycle safety classes Iā€™m the state of Oklahoma and one of the Air Force bases as well.

Taught my fist class of the season today!! Been unemployed since last season Iā€™m September 2021ā€¦

I also do motorcycle
Ministryā€¦.

1 Like

I loved making calls with sales engineers on the few occasions I did. I ran tech, tech education and consulting franchises/ locations in my previous work life. Worked my way up and those were fun calls for sales guys that liked the details of a product/service but werenā€™t educated on the day to day nuts and bolts deep dive.

Before that work life I was a jazz vocalist, doing gigs with some very very talented people that I was lucky to be a part of.

So, 3 work livesā€¦so far. This current one is 18 years and has been good, and leaves time for maybe a side gig to add some fun.

My unsolicited advice to those looking to change is do it, but have a safety netā€¦either cash in the bank, a partner that can handle the load for awhile or a side gigā€¦or all 3. My first few years on Work Life 2 and 3 were lean and rough and it was a lot of grief I didnā€™t have to go through, looking back later with some wisdom and experience.

1 Like

Spent 20 years at Dow Chemical as a chemist and then marketer. Got to do and see some really cool stuff. I really did love it. Upper management needed to be kicked in the ding dong, though.

Now, Iā€™m the CEO of a small manufacturing company that makes energy-efficient pet doors. PM me for a sweet Den brotherhood deal if youā€™re ever in the market. https://energyefficientdogdoors.com

5 Likes

My current main job is as a chemist as the director of extraction at a 9 figure cannabis facility. I have a background in analytical chemistry (gc-fid, gc-ms, hplc, hplc-ms-ms, ect) setting up labs in Michigan and Oregon. Im a biologist by degree (U of M). Side jobs include natural horticultural genetics breeding production with a friends company. And im setting up a genetic sequencing lab, tissue culture lab, and several others in the Boston area. And a couple other really big projects just getting approval. I have a lot of irons in the fire at the moment.

4 Likes

Die maker

1 Like

Photographer; I mostly shoot interior spaces and renovations, real estate listings and pubic transit in the Tampa Bay Area. For fun I shoot sports (mostly combat sports) and creative architecture. Fortunate enough to be published in magazines, billboards, etc.

http://www.projectfocusphotography.com

1 Like

Nice, let me know if you need a photographer one day! :smile:

1 Like

All impressive but extractor of cannabis chemicals is most intriguing. Iā€™m assuming youā€™re there Friday afternoon?

1 Like

I am usually there 7-5 m-f

But I recently got some new higher throughput equipment which lead to a bottleneck elsewhere. So, temporarily i volunteered for 3rd shift until i hire more staff and/or upgrade the bottleneck in the process.

1 Like