What’s the early gut feeling for Washington?

Win

2 Likes

The OL issues have me concerned.
33-30 final score.

1 Like

All comes down to the pass rush for me. If we can get to wentz we can win. If we can’t get any pressure he’s gonna throw for 400 yards and 3 tds.

On offense I’d really like to see the running game again. Was really encouraged with how well we ran the ball against Philly. Really hoping that it’s for real.

1 Like

If they lose another at home, good luck filling that stadium again this year.

I really hope we have another good turn out. The fans can definitely have an impact in this game. Really hoping for a win!

3 Likes

There will be one of two outcomes: A moral victory or a real victory. I’m certain of the that.

More seriously, my Lions bravado is suddenly in the ditch and that’s not how I roll. If Jonah Jackson doesn’t play, Goff will be puckering with bad results. If Jonah plays and there’s no further OL attrition, Goff will pipe the Commies and I’ll exhale.

5 Likes

Feeling a loss, just a gut feeling based on 30+ years of Lions fandom and nothing else.

I’ll say this much, and I know it’s still early in the rebuild, all the goodwill that was built up this off-season will be all but gone if they lose this winnable game at home. Could get ugly quick.

1 Like

We lose. That’s my gut feeling. I wish it wasn’t.

I think we are perfectly capable of beating these guys though. Esp at home. So I will tell my gut to STFU on Sunday.

2 Likes

I was more optimistic before finding out that half the oline will be missing. Now i think it’s a toss up.

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

My gut feeling was they were going to blowout the Commies this week, but the injuries to the Oline have me concerned.
I still think they find a way to win. 31-27

1 Like

Jax ran the ball effectively against Washington. I expect even with a guy out our O-line will open holes this week and expect another 150+ rushing yards.

I think Philly is much better than Washington so expect Detroit to win by at least 10.

4 Likes

I think the O line is the key.

If it holds up OK against that good front…
Lions should be able to win the game.

If Goff is pressured significantly…
I don’t like their chances.

6 Likes

This is me

Loss. 34-17. Goff will be ineffective moving the ball and the Wash receivers will cook the Lions secondary.

I think the pucker factor will be in full swing throughout the game. It’s going to push the nerves on the game day thread. Lions need to establush the run on O and get to Wentz as often as possible. Hutch gets his first sack.

Lions pull it out in the end.

1 Like

I’d be highly surprised if Jackson doesn’t play with a cast on. Brown is a proven starter. I think we’ll be ok. If we can stop Washington from running the ball I think we’ll win.

1 Like

This would help:

5 Likes

Some predicting double digit wins are funny. I feel like that’s something my 12 year old self would say just to be disappointed on another Sunday.

It’s a 1 score game. Detroit never blows anyone out. Even if they are up big they let whoever it is come back. The game gets decided on the last possession, Lions win 30-27.

I’m cautiously scared. This is one that most of us are counting on a win.

I think Brown can match Ragnow in intelligence, but no where near him in strength. Really need Jackson to play.

3 Likes