What’s your expectation for James Houston

Greatest rookie class ever.

8 Likes

Houston started as a one trick pony, explosive up field with bend…

Then he won with power yesterday for the first time running down that LT’s chest. It’s a wrap, he can win in more than one way. He’s officially arrived in my book

I know everyone else has already mentioned the open field play. That burst & closing speed I thought that was a young Louis Delmas. Nope that’s our 6th round DE running like a SAF in the open field

2 Likes

Keep in mind y’all… fields was hurt late in the first quarter on a sack.

2 Likes

He was still out there and still ran a few times. He is a qb after all shouldnt he be able to throw from the pocket and avoid pressure :crazy_face:

1 Like

Pat da man now ! $1 m a year 200 year contract fully guaranteed
The cap is always going up

2 Likes

Plus their OT #70 looks hurt (or soon-to-be-unemployed).

DaBoll and AR seem like a match made in heaven

2 Likes

I expect him to sack Rodgers twice next week to get him to double digit sacks in only 7 games.
Suh has the Lions rookie sack record with 10, the difference is he started 16 games.

After that start measuring Houston for a Gold Jacket! haha

1 Like

Yup - I’m believing in him more too, brother.

I won’t rule it out either.

Also… BRADLEY MF’n HOLMES, Y’all!!!
Wooooooord

2 Likes

Brad Holmes is a MF’n WIZARD

5 Likes

Exactly! I have no right to comment here, as I’m already wildly off.

I remember reading about him having some sort of attitude issues early on.
Even MORE testament to our staff and developing players not just physically, but emotionally
SO Good

Brad’n’Dan…Woooooooord

1 Like

Wah! Half of our current starters were out from games 3-7. Injuries suck, don’t they!
I can empathize.
The score didn’t change for us.

St Brown last year
Houston this year
Both far exceeding their draft position
Completely uncharted draft waters for this franchise
I’m stunned
How the heck does this happen?
Seriously, I cannot compute …

9 Likes

Add Rodrigo to the list as well. While his ceiling may well not be as high as the other two, he looks like he will be a very solid two down linebacker for us for the foreseeable.

We now need to find that three down, sideline to sideline, do it all LB to pair with him.

Hopefully Brad keeps working the oracle and gets us an above average RG or RB on day three in a few months time as well.

3 Likes

I think that was more of a “Fields” thing than a “Houston” thing.

1 Like

One funny part about seeing the St. Brown evaluations was they would say his production was down in 2020 after moving to the outside. His production wasn’t down. His overall numbers were down because they only played 6 games vs 13 games. Then they looked at his height/weight on paper and decided he was weak and would struggle in blocking at the NFL level. I swear some people get their evaluations correct on pure luck and not film study or critical thinking.

6 Likes

Ny Mets Bobby Bonilla Day GIF by New York Mets

Bobby Banilla Day Part 2!!!

After his subpar 1999 season, the Mets released Bonilla, but still owed him $5.9 million. Bonilla and his agent offered the Mets a deal: Bonilla would defer payment for a decade, and the Mets would pay him an annual paycheck of $1.19 million starting in 2011 and ending in 2035, adding up to a total payout of $29.8 million.[19][20][21] Some fans refer to these payments on July 1 as “Bobby Bonilla Day”.

3 Likes

He also has an 85 PFF grade on special teams.

2 Likes

Yup. After the last game where Rogers was throwing a fit about losing to ‘that team’, Houston said he has that filed in the back of his mind for the next time.
Then dumb ass says even more crap.
But Rogers did try to soften it a little by saying they are not the SOL.
Too late dummy.

2 Likes

So, does the emergence of Houston change much on draft/FA strategy? He’s not really a DT/DE, or a LB, which i have seen him listed. I guess a hybrid.

I think we still need a big DT, but maybe another DE can wait, and we can focus on a cover LB, or beef up CB/S?

1 Like