What to Expect from Ben Johnson

Jamo was a GREAT gunner on the punt team at both OSU and Alabama. He could easily do the job… which would create serious concern for coverage team.

I’m certain we wont see that this year… and maybe never…. but it could be a possibility in the playoffs some time.

1 Like

And occasionally have fox drop kick it from our end of the field just to dishearten the opposing team. No matter what they do we can still score at will

2 Likes

With no returner deep, Fox would set the nfl record easy.

1 Like

Kicking from 9 yards deep in the end zone…and pinning them at their own 1.
Wes Anderson Movie GIF

2 Likes

108 yard punt!!! I could see it. He might need to come to Canada, the field is 110 yards long with 20 yard endzones. He could punt it 150 yards for a rouge.

Drop kick from his own endzone scoring 3 points…

2 Likes

If everyone was like him, the field would be at lest 400 yards long. I can imagine how frustrating it must be for him having to hold back as not to hit the ceiling of the stadiums.

1 Like

If it werent for the ceiling he could punt from ford field all the way to soldier field if he really wanted to show off…

2 Likes

Depends on wind too. It’s hard to calculate because the wind shifts so many times, once you get above a certain altitude. Power is no issue, nor precision/placement. Another factor is a quarter in an NFL game is only 15 minutes. Waiting for it to come down…You have to draw a line somewhere.

1 Like

All the more reason to not play in a dome! The Lions are trying to build a knee cap biting, hard nosed football team. We should be playing in the cold and snow. Hard to be a tough, physical team when you play in a 68 degree stadium with a roof.

2 Likes

LOL - 100% honesty…as a fan, I’m SO thankful to sit in the dome vs being in the elements. Going to the FL stadiums is sometimes just as bad. That last Miami game was record setting heat.

I’d much rather freeze my ass off and win then be comfortable watching us get dominated. Been there too many times.

1 Like

I also have had a notion as well that Dan was setting up a gambling persona. However, I first thought it was to put his players in position where they needed to win the physical/mental play to make an important down (lots of fourth down tries…situational football type stuff)… many thought he was being an idiot. He’s not an idiot.

I think we will see him grow as a coach even more this year.

I like Dan, but he needs to be good enough to get this team winning on a consistent basis. That’s his next step IMHO.

1 Like

The addition of Josh Reynolds the last part of the season really seemed to open up the playbook a bit, too. Gave the Lions an outside vertical threat the defense had to respect. There’s lot of other moving parts, of course, but with improving upon that outside threat even more with Jamo and Chark, who knows?

2 Likes

What if those are unrelated issues? I’d rather freeze and watch victory…but id rather sit in comfort and watch victory…which is what’s coming anyway. :wink:

1 Like

I sure hope you’re right! I just think it’s difficult to build a punch you in the face and steal your lunch money type of team playing indoors. The Big 10 Championship where Hutch dominated OSU in the snow and Michigan ran the ball down OSU’s throats. God I loved that and I’m not even a Michigan fan.

2 Likes

Haha! You’ll see. We’re gonna have a team that just keeps coming…and coming…and coming…and coming at you.

Big Brother Pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

With our Home Run threats, we will have a touch of “greatest show on turf” to us too. It will be more fist-fight-oriented, but we have big play ability now.
I still can’t help but think of how good a fit Javonte Williams would be for this team, and that we would have given up Levi plus probably Barnes to get him (the way it shook down, and what we’d have to trade up to get him). Grrrrr…
Then we’d have THREE J-Wills. LOL

Still, I trust Brad more than I trust me.

1 Like

Time to move on Natty!!! It didn’t happen. ha ha Draft him in fantasy for sure though, monster season for J-will coming. Denver has a QB now as well.

1 Like

Too soon, Stephenboyd57. I still haven’t moved on from Aaron Curry…, :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Oh what could have been!