What we can learn from the divisional games

Yea, gotta feel for Bills fans. They always get close and then shit the bed. Especially with Hamlin back at the stadium, or at least I think it was Hamlin. I figured the Bills would be fired up and ready to play. They looked like a team that had no interest in being there or playing in the snow from the opening drive. No fire, no passion, no fight. Poor Bills fans, always so close but yet so far.

1 Like

Honestly I think Cincy just outclassed them. A lot of what matters in the playoffs is matchups and the Bengals are an awful matchup for Buffalo. It seems crazy to say it after the season we just watched, but I think the Bengals are just a much better team overall.

2 Likes

It appeared that Buffalo was not prepared for Cinci to come out with a strong running approach to start the game.

3 Likes

Yea that was the part that really surprised me… knew the Bengals were going to throw it around the field with Burrow and his talented WR’s, but the rushing attack the Bengals showed was very unexpected. The Bengals had one of the worst rushing attacks in the nfl all season, ranked 27th in the nfl, one of the only teams in the league under 100 yards per game and then in snow were kicking ass and taking names up front minus 3 starters, yikes for the Bills D.

Bengals got a real shot to go back to the super bowl if they can run it like that again next week.

2 Likes

Good points, but if one coach isn’t prepared for a run game in the freezing cold with several inches of snow falling then that coach needs to rethink strategy :yum:

3 Likes

Buffalo had the 8th best rushing attack in the NFL averaging 133.4 ypg.

Not only that but they’d been especially terrible in the games leading up to this one, rushing for about 50 ypg over their last 3

2 Likes

Relying far too regularly on Josh Allen scrambles. If he wasn’t their leading rusher, he was close.

2 Likes

KC has the 19th ranked rushing attack with only 117.4 ypg.

1 Like

Only because they didn’t run it as regularly. When they did they were successful, tied for 8th best in the league on a per carry basis.

1 Like

Yep, exactly! They had like 40 yards vs the Ravens the week before. Anyways, sometimes in the cold, snowy weather some teams just want it more. Happened to the Lions in Carolina. Ed Oliver played 55 snaps yesterday, I personally don’t remember hearing his name called once.

He was only 57 yards behind Singletary, good point.

1 Like

Pacheco had 830 rushing yards averaging 4.9 ypc, McKinnon had only had 291 yards on 4.0 ypc.

I don’t know if you could say that KC didn’t invest in their RB’s. They spent a 1st round pick on CEH and went out and got Ronald Jones, not that Ronald Jones is all that great.

Yeah they tried, and it wouldn’t shock me if they try again this year with an explosive guy like Gibbs. But what I mean is even after whiffing on CEH they cobbled together a really good running game on the cheap. McKinnon led all players in TDs over the last 8 weeks of the season, he was more of a factor in the passing game for sure. And they cut Ronald Jones before the season then brought him back, so his cost to them was peanuts.

I’m with ya in saying yes to Gibby, bruh

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.