What would you Trade for Jeffery Simmons He has a 10 Mil cap hit this year

He was the 19 pick in rd one when he was drafted . He is the missing piece in are DL. They have pick 11 this years draft I would start with swap of picks an this year pick 55. We would keep are two firsts an a second For Simmons an pick 11 I would like to get a fourth rd . Lions give them 6 an 55

4 Likes

Hell yeah I would

3 Likes

I’m in, hell I would swap picks and give 48 and be ok.

1 Like

Well they made the cap room for some reason an I think they would like to sign him long term, I just get feeling they have something they are working on .
They reworked deals an have the space for a big move.

Titans are rumored as team wanting to move up. He is player we are looking for but wants big money Titans could be short of Cap with who they need to resign an draft.

1 Like

I would take him in a heartbeat over every iDL who’s been mentioned on here all offseason. I think he’s one of the 2 or 3 best DTs in the league. But about a month ago I dug into it a little when I thought he had a legit chance of being on the table during their rebuild, and I got the distinct impression he was the one guy who wasn’t. I know they’ve opened contract negotiations with him.

Now they opened contract negotiations with AJ Brown before last year’s draft and didn’t get anywhere before eventually trading him, and since Simmons hasn’t agreed to a contract it’s possible the same thing could happen again. I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask.

6 Likes

Would love the player, he’s a beast. But, not only do you have to trade for him. You also have to pay him 22+ mill per seaon. He’s looking for a Payne type deal. 4 years 90 mill is what Payne got. And you wouldn’t trade for him unless you were planning to pay him, that’s why he wants out of where he is.

Is he worth 22+ million per season, maybe! Does it sound like a Brad Holmes moneyball deal!? It does not.

For sure it doesn’t seem like a Brad deal, but I would have no problem making him the highest-paid DT in the league. He’s ten times the player Payne is IMO.

4 Likes

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

That’s quite the statement. If even close to true, he’s getting easy 25+ million per season.

1 Like

I think it’s Donald and then Simmons, and Simmons is getting closer every year.

4 Likes

You could be right, Simmons seems like he’d be way more productive in a 4-3 defense.

Simmons is a guy i would love to grab

1 Like

Quinnen?

Both he and Quinnen will approach 25m next year. Which is even more reason to draft Jalen Carter if you believe in him. If he hits his ceiling early in that first contract you’re saving 18m for several years.

3 Likes

I tell you what…trading for Jeffery Simmons would make the signings of AA, Buggs and all the secondary help look even more brilliant.

Then trade up for Will Anderson.

Lethal

2 Likes

I’m with you 100%, when did DT become the QB position of the defense!? Elite DT’s are making crazy money, and yes i get the reasoning, but still. Think about that one.

A stud DT can make double the money of a stud RB for example… hmmmmmm, maybe triple.

We could draft Carter for 7 mill per season and of course hire him a driver asap!!

2 Likes

I’d take Simmons before him personally but it would be very close. They’re probably 2a dn 2b.

1 Like

That game-wrecking DT is actually one of the rarer finds in the league. There’s only a handful of them, which yeah is yet another reason to love Carter.

1 Like

So essentially @BigNatty was right the entire time. All he talks about is a stud DT

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

1 Like

I’d probably opt for Quinnen for the pass rushing chops. Jeffrey is more well rounded though.

1 Like

I don’t think we’d have enough draft capital to accomplish both of those