What's our record next year if Rodgers is gone?

The problem is the Packers are 44.8M over the cap next year. I’m not a cap guru but signing Adams to a monster deal doesn’t seem like a option.

1 Like

Adams is gone.

To Detroit???

I hope so but I know you all don’t because “he’s too old”.

1 Like

IMO 6 or 7 wins next season would be a disaster. With the $$ we have for Free Agency and the draft capitol I think this regime needs to start winning next season. If history tells us anything than 90% of regimes that aren’t winning in year two, never do. I’d bet Holmes and Campbell do everything they can to start winning football games consistently.

Also, getting Davante Adams to sign here would be a clear sign we are trying to win now.

Obviously there’s a long way to go so answering this question is pure speculation
I could a scenario where the Lions finish with 10-11 wins
But that is not the top of the bell curve result
Most likely … say 9 wins
And I view that as optimistic

By August these prognostications will inflate

And it would be a pretty sizable billboard for all other free agents.

I personally say you give him whatever the hell he wants. It’s not going to make this roster worse to sign Davante Adams to a $23,000,000 aav contract. It can only make us better and help us win games.

The goal here is to win, not to manage the cap.

1 Like

We have too many things to fix next year. We need two, a DE, two LBs, back up qb, s, cb, a place kicker, and DT Can’t count on the draft to fix all of it, and I don’t see Holmes spending crazy next year.

I really don’t believe that they view place kicker as a need it will be Riley Patterson with Seibert battling him in camp. At least that is my belief based on the previous comments of the staff saying that they value a guy who can consistently hit from 40 in over a guy that has a big leg and that is exactly what Patterson has proven to be.

I’m with you, buddy. I think Holmes is amazing, and they’ll fix as much as they can through the draft, but they won’t be able to fix all of it.

Also → I don’t think we’re as far off as most do. We have some of the role player-types, but we REALLY need playmakers. I have complete faith in Brad’s ability to get us role players and depth guys. I have complete faith in the coaches’ ability to develop talent to be solid role players and depth.

We need playmakers. Some of them may be instant difference makers, like Sewell, and some of them may take more time to develop…like St Brown took the majority of a season…and Iffy may take 3 years…but this thing is coming together, and it’s exciting. Right now isn’t the time to spend all of our money on one guy, IMO. If Brad does that, I’ll trust him more than I trust me.

I’d be still building through the draft, signing our own FAs that need to be extended, and doing everything in my power to build a DL like SF has. LOL.

1 Like

Maybe a game more, not much.

Adams could very well follow Rodgers, especially if it’s Denver.

Broncos have 41+ mil cap available for 2022.

Then Denver would need to trade Jeudy. I’d kick those tires.

If Rodgers does indeed leave, the Lions will be the cliche pick to win this division in 2022. A lot of people in the media took notice of the finish and the way this team fights. With Green Bay in a major rebuild (if Rodgers leaves they will be cutting/trading a lot of bad contracts), Chicago with a new GM and Coach, and Minnesota who also has cap issues and may be moving on from Cousins, the Lions are all of a sudden the most stable team in the division.

At a bare minimum, if we get Swift, Hockenson, and Ragnow back healthy, resign Reynolds, add a solid backup TE and get a deep threat WR this offense is at least league average. The only move that would require a decent amount of resources is the WR (picker with Rams 1st or our 2nd or sign a proven FA). That leaves the majority of our resources devoted to the defense.

Resign Walker and Harris, draft an edge guy at #2, sign a starting caliber 3-4 DE and safety and draft a LBer and more depth at safety and 3-4 DE. Top that off with another full offseason of development for our young guys and getting Romeo, Jacobs and Okudah back healthy. Glenn had a bunch of nobody’s playing competent defense, wouldn’t be a stretch to say he can get that defense to play league average.

When you talk about the league overall, that may be a mediocre team, but in reality a mediocre team likely wins the North in 2022. Anything can happen in a home playoff game, even if we may not be the more talented team.

One thing that could be interesting is how these Lions handle this expectations. They played this season knowing nothing was expected of them, but now they may be the favorites.

Here’s hoping we end our playoff win drought in the 2022-2023 season!

1 Like

Jeudy is a guy I really wanted, for sure. Why would they not keep him?

Rodgers would have a pretty good wr core too.

I think the Raiders move on from Carr and Rodgers takes his place. He needs the bright lights, and it’s close to LA and his girlfriend/future career, as well as his childhood home.

They would have the cap space to add Davante Adams as well plus have a need for a WR. Denver and Oakland make the most sense to me if he’s traded. Wonder if the Packers would want Derek Carr back in the trade. I honestly think Carr is worth more then Rodgers at this point considering Rodgers is almost 40

They spent so much capital and took so much heat for drafting Jordan Love I think they’ll have to give him a chance. If he sucks (likely), they can go after a 2023 guy with the draft capital from the Rodgers trade + their own pick.

4-13

2-0 vs Green Bay.
:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.