What's your confidence level for Thursday?

This is the biggest game we’ve played since?

The hands to the face game?

The playoff game in 2016?

Regardless, this is an absolutely massive game for our Lions. Red hot on a 3 game winning streak coming home on a national stage to play the Super Bowl contending Bills on Thanksgiving.

If they win, they’ll be in prime position to take a playoff spot in the NFC with the schedule we have to end the year, and Dan Campbell will have all the momentum after his head was called for 4 weeks ago at 1-6. A top 5 pick and a playoff appearance? Looks likely with a win on Thursday. We would have the most momentum we’ve had in a decade, just from a 4 week stretch.

If they lose, everyone will be kind of bummed out, and some of the momentum will be lost, but they’ll still be on an upswing and looking to win some games down the stretch. We’ll be 4-7 with an outside shot at the 'yoffs, but it’s probably unlikely we get there.

So how are you feeling about this one?

• The Lions will win this game
  • It’ll be close
  • Buffalo wins but the Lions hang around
  • We’re about to get drilled

0 voters

2 Likes

I expect a competitive game. To win, we’ll have to overcome the loss of both starting guards plus a backup and our #1 CB. Against a top 5 offense and defense that is expecting a lot. Furthermore, our defense hasn’t been able to contain mobile QBs (Mariotta, Hurts, Fields and Jones) this year and now we’re going to face one of the best at extending plays and taking yards when possible with his feet.

Hope I’m wrong, but with limited pass defense I think Goff will be under constant pressure and we’ve seen him collapse in these situations.

31-23 Bills

5 Likes

It’s a 7, but I mean that in terms of performance. Would be great to win, but I don’t expect it. I want a close game. I’m okay with that. Nobody saw this as a win. Get trounced, and it kind of shows where they are overall in terms of taking a next step.

Anything within 10 points and I’ll be okay. Disappointed they lost, sure. But it will have zero affect on my thoughts on beating JAX.

Want to win, but performance over victory in a “one-game-judgment” situation.

3 Likes

x-actly
This shows what we look like against SB contenders

1 Like

TBH I expect Allen to light them up, but we score enough to stay within 10-14 most of thr game.

2 Likes

While the last 3 were all good wins, they were against teams with significant holes. The giants were due for an upset and had beaten only <.500 teams. Saquan was used 35 times in the previous game and was not at 100%. Lions may have won anyway but the giants were playing with a hand behind their back.

The lions have shown that they have play makers all over and can score points. The Bills are basically better at every position and it would take a huge win in the turnover battle or a major funk game by Allen. Unfortunately the Lions just had their game blowing out the turnover battle, so not likely it happens 2 in a row.

Love the fight the Lions are showing but I think this is a reality check game… Lions are good but not in the top 3rd of the NFL.

5 Likes

Lions used to have Thanksgiving magic in the Wayne Fontes days, but since then it’s gone 180° in the other direction. We have routinely gotten drilled on Thanksgiving to the point of a national embarrassment and it’s like the team has no clue how to prepare for Thanksgiving anymore.

I’d love for them to prove me wrong, but I’m not holding my breath either. Maybe they ought to fly Wayne up from Florida and spread some good mojo around :thinking:

3 Likes

Have you ever thought to yourself, ‘I wonder if maybe I could have too much invested in this’?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

too many injuries to overcome this one imo. not confident at all.

2 Likes

The Bills have serious depth at D line and a very effective passing game. I think we will stick around and cover the 9.5 points but I just can’t see our corners making enough plays for us to make the key stops to win this game.

Win the trenches means win the game!!!

2 Likes

To be a little bit fare though the league usually sets us up against a SB contender every year now. Rather than having a competitive game they choose to highlight a darling team to whip up on the Lions.

The league knows they are going to have a huge audience regardless of how the game is being played. They’re most competitive game is typically the late night on Thursday.

1 Like

Yep! They give Dallas a division game or one of the weakest teams on their schedule. Thats why I love it when a team scheduled for the Cowboys game is surprisingly good that year and beats them.

1 Like

Not this year. The Giants are going to get pounded.

2 Likes

I do think our crowd will be especially fired up. The Lions have to absorb Buffalo’s best shot at the beginning. Keep the crowd in it. Allen could have some trouble making audibles and just getting the ball snapped.

1 Like

My confidence in beating Buffalo?..not very high.

My confidence in beating Buffalo and the refs?..even lower.

3 Likes

63 2001 Green Bay Packers L 27 29
64 2002 New England Pats L 12 20
65 2003 Green Bay Packers W 22 14
66 2004 Indianapolis Colts L 9 41
67 2005 Atlanta Falcons L 7 27
68 2006 Miami Dolphins L 10 27
69 2007 Green Bay Packers L 26 37
70 2008 Tennessee Titans L 10 47
71 2009 Green Bay Packers L 12 34
72 2010 New England Pats L 24 45
73 2011 Green Bay Packers L 15 27
74 2012 Houston Texans L. 34 31
75 2013 Green Bay Packers W 40 10
76 2014 Chicago Bears W 34 17
77 2015 Philadelp. Eagles W 45 14
78 2016 Minnesota Vikings W 16 13
79 2017 Minnesota Vikings L 23 30
80 2018 Chicago Bears L 16 23
81 2019 Chicago Bears L 20 24
82 2020 Houston Texans L 25 41
83 2021 Chicago Bears L. 14. 16

Except ATL & Philly, mostly division opponents or AFC teams since 2001.

Caldwell was 3-1 on Thanksgiving; hopefully. Dan starts having similar success

1 Like

Ok I stand corrected. I might be jaded because of that game against Indy (can’t believe it was 18 years ago). I just remember them getting away with obvious pick plays for three of their TDs while the announcers gushed over how great they were. I guess it’s PTLSD.

2 Likes

This team doesn’t care who they are playing they play tough.
They need Alim and Hutch to keep their mojo going and Jacobs/AO/Harris to step up.
I’m giving them a shot at the win.
Run, run, run. Hey Swift, follow your blockers.

2 Likes

I think Buffalo is exponentially better than the three teams Detroit just beat (GB, CHI, NYG) and Detroit just doesn’t have the firepower right now to hang with them. Josh Allen is the best QB they’ve seen this year by far.

2 Likes