When I read posts saying unstoppable Offense

I am reminded when we drafted a couple of WR an many said we couldn’t be stopped an us older posters remember how that turned out

Charles Rogers Lions WR Michigan State 2003
Roy Williams Lions WR Texas 2004

I read so many posts an articles about how do you stop Detroit Lions.
When you think about roster it was good we had O weapons an a very good D an yet we didn’t get it done. So please stop the can’t be stopped.

What we should think about is what we did wrong as a team The early 2003 an for couple years was a good roster . What went wrong an lets not repeat.

3 Likes

The main difference is we kept drafting WR’s back then but had Joey ■■■■■■■ terrible at QB then. He sure could play the piano though. We also had no running game and a very average O-line.

11 Likes

Just example of my point about saying unstoppable NFL is a strange beast

San Fran is winning with Mr. Irrelevant.

The only thing stopping this team from being great is our defense. Our offense is great DESPITE how bad our defense is. An average defense would probably gives at least 1-2 more possessions a game. A great defense with the current offense is likely Superbowl material.

7 Likes

I hated the Charles Rogers pick. Loved the kid at MSU but interviews with him were ridiculous how dumb he seemed

4 Likes

That and the drug issues for CR. Roy was pretty good and we traded him to the Cowboys for a haul.

4 Likes

Roy was a good pick.

Smokey McDipshit was a gigantic whiff from the get go, like before the pick even, because it was fornsure theyd take the local guy over Andre Johnson. Thwre were quite a few people in the Den (v2.1 at that point?) banging the drum hard for Andre Johnson.

Dont get me wrong…

The ONE FREAKING GREAT game he had was awesome…

but damn…cmon

6 Likes

when do we get the unstoppable defense? love to hear that…

4 Likes

If the defense played the 1st 7 games the same as they played the last 10 games, we might still be playing this upcoming weekend.

6 Likes

I get what you’re saying for sure

But SF woulda dusted us

Worse than Carolina did

1 Like

Hard to say, scoring points would be tough on that defense. The 49ers rushing attack would be a problem for the Lions for sure. But, I think Philly is the better overall team and is going to win this weekend.

4 Likes

Buffalo was based on speed, when they lost that advantage in the snow, they were average. WE play at least 9 games in domes. no wind, no rain, no snow. You can build an offense to take advantage of that…just get home field advantage. You need a running game to do that and with a good RG (second round) we have that. Resigning Chark would definitely help. if Bijan is there at #18 he may be the missing link.

2 Likes

Ummm… didn’t you see the 1-6 defense to start the season they were truly unstoppable, I mean teams barely ever punted in games, ha!

One of the big differences is that was all speculation on what the offense could be with Rogers and Williams where this team actually had a season of top end results

3 Likes

We got Brandon pettigrew and derrick Williams… looked better when we made it

1 Like

I think being ill prepared for the elements had a huge effect in that debacle in NC. We had roller skates on an ice rink.

1 Like

That Carolina game was a growing experience that we desperately needed & it will decrease the likelihood of it happening again…especially in the playoffs.

Pain train’s’A’comin’, folks!!

Season 2 Pain GIF by NBC

2 Likes

The NFL’s changing though, 3 of the 4 teams remaining have two #1 WRs (Higgins and Chase in Cincy, Deebo and Aiyuk in SF, Devonta Smith and AJ Brown in Philly). Maybe Millen was ahead of his time?

2 Likes

I’m all for our trenches getting uglier on both sides of the ball!

no holds barred GIF

The scent of victory

1 Like

Deontay Wilder Train GIF by Premier Boxing Champions

1 Like