Where does the rams pick end up?

Yep, plenty of us thought it would be a reasonable contract in short order, and new deals are proving that out. Pretty sure that people who have wanted us to replace Goff from day 1 are about to be MORE disappointed.

Same. Super Bowl hangovers are not uncommon. If they don’t forget how to hang onto a football, LA beats Tampa—the reigning champs—by 4 touchdowns in Tampa’s house.

People don’t like to admit it, but other than SF, which was tough as nails, LA largely mopped up in the post-season. If OBJ doesn’t get hurt in the Super Bowl, they decimate Cincy.

All that to say: I can see a scenario where injuries limit them, or there’s a hangover (because if it can happen to a Tom Brady team …), but I’m not betting against Stafford and McVay. The only reason people were hard on them was because of the expectations.

2 Likes

I think a lot on this forum was hard on the Rams because it was a nightmare scenario if the Rams won it. Well the Rams won it and because of that you see the constant spin on it. It makes me chuckle :grinning:

2 Likes

What Stafford did last season is impressive. That’s not an easy system to learn. It also requires the receivers and quarterbacks to be on the same page at all times. To have as many players as he did shuffling in and out of the lineup all year….

2 Likes

That Rams team could certainly win it again but a lot has to go right for them. They are an Aaron Donald/Kupp injury from being the 2015 Lions. And if Staffords elbow is sore all year that doesn’t bode well. That’s a pass happy offense

3 Likes

It’s funny that both mcvay and Shanahan were in cobo when Stafford got traded. Shanahan said if he’d known they were in the hotel next door he would have been in that hot tub with them. Lol

If the 49ers had gotten Stafford they’d have won the super bowl.

4 Likes

That offensive line is going to be the key to the rams season. They struggled to run block last year. Now they lost their best 2 lineman as well.

1 Like

Was a lot easier when they changed it so Stafford could play out of the shotgun.

2 Likes

Good, bad…Staffys the guy with the gun.

Bruce Campbell Kiss GIF

2 Likes

Knowing Stafford I’m sure he’s gonna be ready to go for the start of the season… but we’ll see if he has any rust, and also over the course of the year how intolerable the pain becomes if injections don’t work. Different team with wolford starting

Their schedule is BRUTAL this year.
I still think they are in the conference championship game or better.
NFC is weak.

PHilly
GB
Dal
Rams
Cards?
SF

I can easily see the Rams coming out of that cluster.

I think it’s most likely that the SB winner comes out of the AFC this year.

100% on the money, Godfather!

Yup - I can see the staff trusting Matt more this year, as well as Matt trusting his teammates more this year. Is the elbow gonna be an issue? I doubt it, but possibly. Barring an injury to Stafford, I think they are in the NFC title game and/or SB.

GUARANTEED!

Tendonitis is a bitch, but is muuuch more curable than it used to be. I have a buddy that had it and it was gone fairly quickly after treatment. We shall see. I’m sure there are varying levels of severity.

1 Like

We’ve seen the Rams turn a back-up QB into a HOF gold jacket player before.

Has John Wolford ever bagged groceries?

1 Like

If they had to turn to Wolford and he leads them to a SB, you know God hates the Lions and their fans. They would be no other answer.

5 Likes

Bigger question…
Whose pick moves closer to the middle? Theirs from 31 to 16 or ours from 2 to 16?

3 Likes

As it stands today, the Lions actual pick.

1 Like

That’s a good question! I think the rams will still be in the playoffs, so that pick will be at least in the 20s… the lions though, what if they win 7-9 games and are picking in the mid-teens?

I think the Rams still win their division only being challenged by the 49ers, which have a huge question mark with Lance. But Seattle probably won’t be good, the jury is out on AZ, it’s hard to see the Rams not being the best team in the division again.

2 Likes

Its nice to play the Cardinals. We should know.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was a gimme.

2 Likes