Where we go from here

This one will sting for the next 2 weeks until we kick GB’s ass But there’s no lions fan in the world that doesnt feel 10x better about this team than they did 24 hours ago.

In the grand scheme of things, this loss shouldn’t hurt us because it’s not a tie breaker.

With that being said, is there any game on our schedule that shouldn’t be considered a winnable game?

We made thru the early season gauntlet above 500 and now just need to focus on going 1-0 in the division.

2 Likes

We’re gonna come in pissed and beat them up.

1 Like

This. After today’s LOSS of all things, suddenly every game looks winnable.

Weird how that works.

1 Like

I hope this loss stings until the end of the Green Bay game and we use GB as our medicine for stings

2 Likes

2 huge games coming up after the Bye, @GB and home to Minny. Division wins is where it’s at, and if the Lions can go toe to toe with the Chiefs then they can compete with anybody. Some of the injured guys oughta be back, and Stafford gets some much needed time off.

I gotta also say that our gameplanning is better than it used to be. One could argue about the playcalling, but at least these guys ain’t boring. And yeah, there’s no game left on their schedule that is a sure loss.

3 Likes

Yes, there’s something about losing a winnable game to a top tier opponent that makes you hungry versus winning the game and getting cocky.

I know that’s a leap to make, and time will tell, but something about today feels different than previous disappointing losses.

Like a Velveeta bandaid…

1 Like

Exactly like that! :joy:

Pack the wound with cheese cloth rather than gauze

2 Likes

In two weeks do we get to call our OL “Cheese Graters”?

2 Likes

Yep. We need to rennet down their throats.

1 Like

I’d like that. That would be gouda…

2 Likes

Your profile pic cracks me up. Also I approve of your name and the pun :beers:

Every game is winnable if we have Stafford. Half of them still are w/o him Based on scheme IMO.

I feel exactly the way Stafford and likely the entire team feels, we have nothing to prove to anyone. I feel this is a good team and they know they are. I’m glad the media world sees us in a different light but honestly I feel we should had won yesterday. The better team, all things considered, lost yesterday. I told a good friend of mine yesterday, and I hold to it today, we lost:
60% we gave it to them
25% they earned it
15% refs took it

1 Like

No where but up, to answer the OP. Remember, the other three division members still have to play KC, LAC & Phi (GB already lost to Phi).

1 Like

The Lions are a good team. Ten years ago, that would have been a Lions win (because of TD reviews).
No excuses. The rules are the same for both teams.
Loving the defense. They kept Maholme off balance most of the game.
The offense did great until…The fumbles inside the five lost that game. Two field goals and we win.

I don’t really think this one stings, the Chiefs are a AFC team so this is 1 game the Lions could afford to lose. Beat GB and Minny this game is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Why thank you kind sir.