Which 1rd player drops 2 rds at least

I agree he also i think drops

I’ve seen it as far as the third round but I think that’s crazy but between pick 40 and 50 yeah I can see that

I cant see it …his 2017 & 2018 tape are drool worthy . An Elite tackler? No… but good enough . 2019 was not great tape but he was literally hurt all year missed tons of practice with injury prior to the season starting , during and then was injured again in November . …
I think the kid gets drafted in the 1st round early 2nd and is the 1st or second safety drafted. No pro days or workouts will force teams to watch the tape at length & his 2017 and 2018 tape are going to pay huge dividends and show this was not mental breakdowns or effort related poor 2019 tape.
Delpit was just not the same athlete in 2019 which will speak to injury, since no questions the kids heart or work ethic , or that he is not tough and willing to play through injury…he is raved about as a leader and effort guy.

I think you all make good points on Winfield but I want to add that the kid can play. I doubt he makes it past mid round 3.

Actually I do not think he was the same player in 2018-2019 that he was in 2017.

In the spring of 2018 Delpit had surgery on his shoulder. They add plates and screws to it and that’s when things started to go wrong. He finished 2018 ranked in the top 15 in missed tackles (out of all defensive positions not just safeties) He takes bad angles, runs a bit high and as a result gets ran over and ran through way too often. I was expecting him to bounce back in 2019 but in fact he got worse. Finishing the season ranked in the top 10 in missed tackles.

I still think he goes in mid to late round two because I think some team will think they can coach him up and draft him more on potential. But it wouldn’t shock me if he drops into round 3. Especially after not participating in the combine.

The more I think about Delpit the more a realize that there are a lot of reasons he could drop on draft day.

The biggest reason I think Winfield might fall is all his injuries. I mean, what is he, a 5th year sophomore? Something like that. He’s had to redshirt a lot.

1 Like

I spoke with someone in the industry who claims Austin Jackson will fall.