Which one would you rather add to our DL

• CALIJAH KANCEY
  • MYLES MURPHY

0 voters

Neither at 6?

4 Likes

Can we combine them? Myles Kancey would be a helluva prospect.

2 Likes

Kancey and it isn’t even close.

Although we do not need him Myles has too much talent to pass on if he was there in the 2nd round. If we were to cut Romeo and Harris a case could be made to select him higher. I see Kancey as a situational pass rusher that another team may value in the 2nd round but I don’t see the Lions considering him before round 3.

1 Like

What about 18?

Agree would be a nice prospect, not as nice as Calijah Murphy tho

1 Like

Now? Or in the future?

Bc if you hit on Murphy that upside is significantly higher IMO.

1 Like

Really??? Is this even a debate? And the funny thing is the votes are overwhelming the other way.

If you can have either prospect and pick doesn’t matter, its not even close. It should be 100% Myles Murphy. The allure of Aaron Donald is a bit ridiculous…there isn’t one in every draft class.

1 Like

I abstain

It Could Work Gene Wilder GIF

1 Like

Kancey isn’t Aaron Donald. Kancey is an undersized but very polished IDL who had a pass rush in rate around 22% or 23% and had a pass rush grade in the 99th percentile.

Murphy is the same prospect who comes out every year. Another DE being overrated because of his position and its value. His tape shows he’s an end of round 1 or early round 2 player in a 1st round body. Kancey has 1st round tape in a 3rd or 4th round body.

Is Murphy even that much better than Felix Anudike-Uzomah who’s a consensus late 2nd round guy now?

1 Like

That’s one way to look at it with Murphy. The other is that he managed decent production with essentially just a long arm bull rush move. What kind of pass rusher are you looking at if he learns a full arsenal of moves. His run defense can already help a team.

Alright, I’ll ask since I don’t know. Who’s an example of a guy Murphy’s size who learned a whole arsenal like he needs to once he got to the NFL level? The Bosas were technicians in college. Micah Parsons isn’t 6’5" 275. TJ Watt isn’t either. Neither is Aaron Donald. Even Aidan Hutchinson had a bag of moves at Michigan.

Calijah Kancey has an entire bag of tricks and he’s an IDL.

Maybe someone has that’s just slipping my memory now.

The question needs more context. Would I rather have Kancey at 48 than Murphy at 18? Yes, by a lot. But if I had to take them both at 18? Eh, I wouldn’t like either option, but I’d lean Murphy. His upside is far higher.

1 Like

Rashan Gary and Ziggy Ansah had professional success after coming in raw-as-hell re: pass-rushing moves. I don’t know that either developed a “whole arsenal” though, just enough to succeed with. I think Judon was pretty raw in college as well.

Cam Jordan’s profile coming out is quite similar to Murphy as well. Both production and traits wise.

This is the entire issue…and it’s a big one. Obviously this doesn’t need to be said, but the NFL is a different animal. If you don’t have serious concerns he can stick at DT, you are fooling yourself. And it’s not a 3rd or 4th rounders body, it’s a body that doesn’t exist in the NFL at DT.

2 Likes

Bro sprint to the podium if Murphy is there at 18. I don’t want to take a DE in the first round, but that’s massive upside at that spot. It also means a guy you were hoping to get at 18 probably got picked ahead of him.

2 Likes

Murphy is the guy being severely under valued on this board this year. I don’t love taking a EDGE in this class early because it’s deep, but he is #2 or #3 at a deep position. Someone’s probably going to be really happy to get him. And it’s going to be a high.

1 Like