Who are our best Free Agent signings ever?

Rank the top 5 - 10 best ever free agent signings for the Lions.

KVB, Quin, Prater, Tate and maybe Burleson in recent years.

2 Likes

Dre Bly during the Joey years. Also Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson made a hell of a pair with Shaun Rogers for a couple of years.

3 Likes

Scott Mitchell
Bill Schroeder
Pat Swilling…
Sorry guys, had to. LOL

I’ll do better Next time.

4 Likes

get thee me behind me satan

1 Like

Next time…
#1…Dre MF’n Bly!!!
#2 T A T E
#3 KVB was SO important to Suh’s development. I don’t think ppl recognize the impact he had in helping Suh along.
#4 Brett Perriman Debatable if he’s above KVB, as VandenBald’s impact was more indirect than direct (he was an important player, but a more important mentor, IMO)
#5 Mel Gray!

Gave my quick responses from memory for the funny one…then started to take it seriously and looking up lions who I thought I remembered came on as FAs. I was right on most of 'em, but wanted to be sure I was correct before posting.

I think my top 2 are Quin and Tate.

1 Like

Swilling wasn’t a FA. We traded the pick that became Willie Roaf for him :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Agree with those, except the Lions acquired Brett Perriman via a trade with the Saints, giving up only a 5th Rd pick.

2 Likes

How soon ya all forget, BEST FA signing to date:
Mel Gray :+1:t3:

1 Like

LOL - stings even more. I was going off of memory. I feel you guys should default to not trusting my memory.

buff-uh-low
Buff-Uh-Low
Buff-Uh-Low!!!

Wrong thread!
Wrong Thread!
Wrong Thread

christopher lee dracula GIF by Warner Archive

1 Like

LOL - Exactly

This list here.

I’ll be honest I was a kid during the 80’s and 90’s but maybe Brett Perriman……???

1 Like

Dre bly, tate, glover, Marvin Jones, Kvb, Tulloch?

1 Like

Bly comes to mind. Tate was also fantastic here.

Can’t really think of many else.

1 Like

I’d put James Stewart up near the top of my list.

Rushed for a 1000 yards twice in 3 years as a Lion.

Brought in to fill the shoes of the greatest running back of all-time, Stewart handled the pressure well.

6 Likes