Who are your top 5 favorite Lions & Why?

1. Dan Motherfucking Campbell
  2. Brad Holmes
  3. The team.

Trading stafford taught me not to get too hung up on one player. Obviously I love hutch and Sewell and the players but as long as we have MCDC and Brad we are gonna be okay.

All-time list:

Barry sanders
Herman Moore
Chris Spielman
Ziggy Ansah
Matthew stafford

Honorable mention:

Johnnie Morton
Golden Tate.

3 Likes

Love it.
Dan & Brad!

Also learning that I may be the biggest Dre bly fan in here

Any favorite list you see with JWill on it needs a footnote.
JWill*
*All thanks to the outstanding blocking from Decker, Sewell, Ragnow, Johna, and the TE’s and WR’s.

Edit: How the hell did I forget Ragnow? Added him.

1 Like

Best dressed award goes to…

1 Like

OK, I will play:

1. ARSB - tenacious, fearless, clutch, embodies Lions culture.
  2. MRod - humble, tough, over-achiever, reminds me of my grandson
  3. Penei - freaky athlete, iron will, edgy, the Donald incident embodies it
  4. Hutch - has an awesome mom, basically our Penei on D.
  5. God its hard now - tie between 5.1 Rags - so so solid on and off the field, 5.2 JWill - glue guy and so much fun, 5.3 Jamo - off-the-charts potential, may be a dog like no other (not there yet), 5.4 Fox - so freaking versatile, 5.5 KerJo - ARog killer - ball hawk we never had, 5.6 Houston - a math wizard who sacks QB’s, whats not to like, 5.7 Jacobs - love the way he plays, JWill 2.0 in the locker room.
1 Like

Decker def doesn’t get enough love. Another forgotten guy who just may have the will or the heart to surprise alot of people next year - Okudah. This guy is not going to give up.

1 Like

Not completely. :wink:

2 Likes
  1. Amon Ra St Brown
  2. Aidin Hutchinson
  3. Joseph Kirby
  4. James Houston
  5. Jared Goff
2 Likes

Current and All-Time

1. Amon-Ra St. Brown - A true alpha. Quiet, humble, can catch the ball with a single ass cheek and 3 toes.
  2. Penei Sewell - See above, but add the ability to beat down The Hulk to the list.
  3. Barry Sanders - Self explanatory. Another humble legend.
  4. Herman Moore - Pretty cool for a Lions legend to remain involved with the team and even consistently join local fans / podcaster on their YouTube videos to talk Lions.
  5. Ndamukong Suh or Nate Burleson - Loved Suh on the field. God it was fun watching him step on Packer’s throats and legs. Burleson is just an awesome human being. I’ll give it to Burleson because I like him as a person off the field.
1 Like

Since everybody is posting their All Time list (in no particular order):

1. Matthew Stafford. You were never out of the game with Stafford. Exciting time to be a Lions fan. If only they could get a team around him.
  2. Barry Sanders. Human highlight reel. Best ever.
  3. Megatron. Probably the most physically gifted WR to ever play the game. He made the game fun even when we lost.
  4. Ndamukong Suh. Few players can instantly impact a defense. Suh was one of those transformational types. How we ever had Suh, Stafford, and Calvin and didn’t win a playoff game I’ll never understand. He struck fear into opposing QBs. Suuuhhhh
  5. Chris Spielman - 195 conbined tackles in a single season. Incredible. Always around the ball. An overachieving workhorse.

Honorable mention (because I love so many!)

Mel Gray - the only other player besides Barry to make the NFL 90s All Decade Team.
DeAndre Levy - He took a while but at the end he was really good at what he did. Too bad about the dick fish.
Darius Slay - Loovved this dude.
Johnny Morton - always felt like he was under*rated and overshadowed. Very productive player who got it done.

1 Like

Who’s this?

That’s Jamo with visions of Randy Moss.

Thanks but how in the hell were we suppose to know that?

1 Like

By asking, I guess. :man_shrugging:

I thought it was current Lions - but if its old timers it’s:

1. Barry Sanders - of course
  2. Joe Schmidt
  3. Lem Barney
  4. Alex Karras
  5. Chris Spielman

honorable mention: Stephen Boyd, Greg Landry, Bubba Baker, Matt Stafford, Cory Schlesinger, Herman Moore, Megatron

Current: (in no particular order)

Hutch
Sewell
Swaggy
Goff
Amon Ra

Past:

Barry
Moore
Spielman
Hanson
CJ

1 Like

Hutchinson: The guy is just an athletic freak. He could definitely be a 3-4 OLB if needed and glad the Jaguars are morons.

Rodríguez: People put to much stake into his height. He’s a former safety, who is built like a tank.

Sewell: Best RT in the game. His technique is out of this world and will continue to be great.

Ragnow: Centre is a very underarrated position. The guy doesn’t get enough credit around the league.

Houston: Our other 6th round picks who people thought were too undersized. You stick him at DE or SLB and he will succeed.

1 Like

I’m sure you meant “underrated”… I agree

2 Likes

Stroll down memory lane, reading these.
My all time guys…

Barry
Coach Dan (you’ll see)
Suh
Billy Simms
Speilman
Mel Gray

I really think this time next year, J-moss starts creeping into this convo for me.
He is a FREAK talent.
…probably not “all time list” yet, but fav Lion.
SO pumped to see who The Brad scoops up this offseason.

To be honest I would almost need to provide a historical list of favorites, perhaps by decade, as there are too many over the 55yrs of fandom.