Who do you pick in this scenario?

Lions do the unthinkable.

They win two of 3.

We are picking 6OA. (Hypothetically because there’s a bunch of scenarios)

1 - Hutchinson
2 - Thibodeaux
3 - Neal
4 - Hamilton
5 - Stingley

Who are you taking?

(I’m taking Garrett Wilson)

EDIT: I looked at the board and did some scenarios and to pick 6OA we would almost certainly have to lose one of our remaining 3. If we win out we’re looking at 7 or 8.

1 Like

picking between LB or edge rusher from Purdue.
WR with one of next two picks.

1 Like

DE from Purdue George I don’t know how to spell his name

1 Like

That would be worst case scenario. At that point I do what I can to trade down, but if I stay pay I would take Jameson Williams. I like Garrett, but I like Jameson just a little more.

1 Like

He was the 4th pick

Hamilton is gone in his scenario posted.

1 Like

Karlaftis. I like him as well, but just not sure if he is going to be a game changer. Seems more like a Harold Landry type player who is very good, but not elite.

I can’t believe I’m saying this considering how strongly I was against taking a LB in the top 10 last year, but…

You’re missing out on Hutch
You’re missing out on Hamilton
Do you really want to miss out on Lloyd, too?

3 Likes

I’d probably take Ekwenu, or Burks

But in the end…ekwenu…the guy would be a dominant run blocking OG like Quinton Nelson

Let’s get nasty on the OL.

Wrestler GIF

1 Like

I really really like Lloyd but not sure if I would take that plunge that early

George Karlaftis is the Trey Flowers of college football.

Burks is gonna rocket into the top 10…he is WR 1.

But…WR dont win football games…lineman do

Karlaftis actually can bend the edge…

I think karlaftis is more Ryan kerrigan

Watch his film against Ohio State if you think he’s Ryan Kerrigan.

I hear what you are saying…

Copycat league… Parsons is turning heads… and Lloyd’s ability to get the QB may vault him up higher than most mock drafts have him going.

Eh… I watched Calvin Johnson win his share of football games. (Not saying there’s a CJ in this draft)

Gimme Brandon smith…let him rush the passer…

I’d take Llyod as a ILB like Darius leonard

woo hoo ric flair GIF

I see him more like a KVB kind of guy.
Or… Ryan Kerrigan.

Cj is a once in a world player…the GOAT

Goat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Dont make him mad now… :sweat_smile:

But I don’t know if you should feel this way, sir.

In this day in football, ILB is the hardest position to play. You have to defend the run and also the pass. And in the passing game you have to be athletic to defend it in this day. But then you need to be physical enough to defend the run.

There are not many ILb that are worth their salt today.

It’s becoming a rare thing to find a good ILB. Cornerback is right there with it.

Chris Speilman was just quoted as saying “I didnt like any of the linebackers” in the 2021 draft.

Because they all stink. They’re not good at stacking and shedding…instead…they wanna o’lay their way To the ball carrier.

Having said that…ILB has had to become smaller to defend the pass…which hurts them in the run game

This is why having a big, dominating offensive line is gonna take over the NFL and why youre seeing teams go back to old school football…

Also, defensive backs are not allowed to “go low” on pulling OL guys, or lead blockers…

Everything in today’s football benefits the offense.

Dominant offensive line with a pounder running back should eventually take over the NFL.

But…you gotta have the right lineman and team to go for it. Most guys want the easy way out in this day. (Dan Campbell is doing a good job finding tough guys …as is Bill Belichick.)

Cant believe I’m saying that about my own generation.

1 Like