Who has the biggest bust factor that the Lions could draft round 1?

This. I love me some Delpit in the 2nd round. Yes please.

To answer the OP Q. It’s Tua. It’s not even close.

Okudah will be solid at worst. Simmons will be solid at worst. Brown should be solid at worst as well.

Maybe Kinlaw would be 2nd to Tua. There are red flags there. I still think he would be solid as well but he isn’t going top 5/6…at least i don’t think.

We shouldn’t be able to screw this up.

1 Like

Okudah, Brown, Herbert.

2 Likes

Tua may very well be great in the league but just can’t get past his injured past.

1 Like

Meh, it’s football. People get hurt. Stafford spent his first few years here with injuries and was labeled soft and injury prone, before he ripped off like 8 years of iron man. It’s just chance and luck for the most part. Some of it is learning how to protect yourself when hit, etc. He will learn and adapt to the NFL.

If anything, the QB position is the position the league protects the most.

I would almost guarantee Tua plays many more years in the league than a guy like Hockenson, who already has 10 years of mileage on him in like 10 NFL games.

This isn’t a Jahvid Best situation here where we drafting a guy with scrambled brains and thought he could fucking walk it off. Tua’s injuries, while significant, are ones that you can heal from.

1 Like

I’d say Tua, and that’s the guy I’m hoping the Lions draft if Young or Burrow isn’t available.

No risk it no bisuit.

1 Like

How long have I been saying that Brown was being way over-hyped?..I’ve been saying this months before the Combine…and even I didn’t see him testing so poorly at the combine.
I wouldn’t even consider Brown until after pick 12. I’d take Kinlaw at 3 before I’d take Brown at 3.

I’ll be honest, I hope every Ohio State player is a colossal bust unless the Lions draft them…but that’s just me being a Michigan fan.

Not a program out there that I dislike more than Ohio State.

I hate OSU as much as you do, but once players hit the NFL, the college they played for is irrelevant. I want elite players, no matter where they spent 2 or 3 years “learning”.

You can have 10 Rashan Gary’s. I’ll take 2 Chase Young’s and be better. You can have Derrick Green and Fitz Toussigant, I’ll take Zeke and Dobbins.

I think you missed reading the first line of my post.

2 Likes

Lol, I don’t know how I did that. My bad. I’m with ya.

my first thought was that guy that everyone wanted instead of Stafford. The LB who was freaky athletic from some non Power school in the Midwest I think. He was supposed to be a safe pick and no one heard of him 3 years later.

1 Like

Curry

Aaron Curry from Wake Forest

Yes. That guy was can’t miss while Stafford was a projection and a bigger risk at #1OA. Please tell me you had to look that guy up. I forgot his name like 10 years ago.

In the end, we all know that every player is a projection and fingers are crossed that they don’t go the route of oft injured and/or smoke their way out of the league like so many “generational” talents have to date.

Stanton, Henson, Orlovsky , Culpepper & Kitna

Aaron Curry the stud can’t miss prospect…SHOCK we had SHOCK ! A Large portion of fans wanted Curry . The combo of SHOCK lead us to 0-16 and the #1 pick but LB Curry would be the difference maker …It was enough to make you puke . Stafford was the only player in 2009 for the Lions I wanted . One Pride was smoking a lot of crack back then.

Whoever the Lions draft with Patricia in charge is going to suck.
He has no idea how to use Simmons.
Brown is going to suck no matter where he goes
Okudah will be an average CB in the NFL

That’s the spirit! The lower your expectations, the greater your delight when (if) a player succeeds and surprises!

Always expect the Lion to suck and when they don’t, it’s like a pleasant surprise.

If we trade down with Miami and get #26, I really hope we avoid Austin Jackson. I’ve got him with like a 4th round grade and just can’t see why everyone’s so smitten with him. He’s athletic, sure, but so are Matt Peart and Saahdiq Charles, and Ezre Cleveland, and give me those guys 10/10 over Jackson. He’s got no desire, a low football IQ, he fights his technique… if he wasn’t so athletic he’d have been beat far more often, which won’t fly in the pros. He’s got bust written all over him, IMO.

Any of the QBs would likely bust with the Lions. They would sit behind Stafford for year, then likely start without much of an OL or RB. Not saying they would bust elsewhere, but just that it is likely to happen in Detroit.