Who is Detroit Lions' most important non-QB ahead of 2024 NFL season? |

You could make a good case for any one of these four non-QB’s. If your QB is half decent, QB will always be most important.

2 Likes

Here’s how I look at it… if Hooker still had Sewell, Rags and St. Brown I’d bet the offense doesn’t suck. It wouldn’t be as good but I think we could still win some games. Now if Sewell and Rags were out with Goff or Hooker, we might be in trouble. You can’t just replace all pro lineman.

I know you meant CAN’T replace all-pro lineman. I agree. But, to balance that, there are five members of the OLine, and if Sewell were gone you run less to his side, you can adjust play calls in other ways. The QB handles the ball every play. That’s why the OP was referring to “non-QB”, because its a no-brainer otherwise.

Haha yea I edited my post when u were replying I also called Hooker…Stafford in my original. Lots of sun today :laughing:

We have a lot of important players for sure. Rags and Sewell are just so important to the Lions strategy. We would have a hard time running the ball without them. Then the play action doesn’t work. Last year we rushed for almost 2500 yards and 27 rushing TD’s.

We struggled mightily on offense in 2021 when Ragnow and Decker were both injured at the same time for example.

In summary… please stay healthy oline.

1 Like

Yeah lose two of our starting OL and we’re in deep doo-doo.
Players (incl. QB) you don’t want to lose for the year:

1. Goff

2-6) in no particular order Sewell, Saint, Rags, Hutch (edit: LaPorta)

Then you get into a third tier with Jah, Alim, Reader, Deck, Campbell. Our secondary is so friggen deep I have a hard time putting any one of them in this tier.

Ugh - how could we forget LaPorta. Put him up there in the first tier!

1 Like

Arnold.

Hutch.

Lots of important players: St. Brown, Sewell, etc.

When I look at units as a whole:

Lose Hutch on that defensive front and it changes the WHOLE defense.

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Office

1 Like

Montgomery-whom we haven’t mentioned.

1 Like

Sewell

1 Like

arnold schwarzenegger laughing GIF

1 Like