Who is the Best Lion?

Oruwariye - - - I said Walker but I forgot about this young CB! A stud with a bright future. Fact is I was too lazy to google him, no idea how to spell his name. What round was he drafted in? Nice pic.

And tough to leave Decker and Sewell off my list. Pray they stay healthy.

2 Likes

I think it’s Sewell and it’s not even close. He’s the Aaron Donald of offensive lines. Best lineman in the league category. He’s that good.

3 Likes

Yup.
For real GOAT ceiling. I think HOF is his floor. Dude is a monster.

2 Likes

It’s Ragnow. And I don’t think there’s a legitimate argument against that. Decker probably 2. And the funny thing is, there’s a 3rd OLineman who’s probably one year away from being better then both!

2 Likes

A Fifth round steal for us!

Good one!
So his ceiling is to have a trophy named after him. Like Walter Payton and Lombardi. Offensive lineman of the year would get the Sewell trophy!

1 Like

I like it.
I don’t think it requires much imagination to see him being the GOAT, one day. Will take some luck with health, but if he’s healthy…dont’ be surprised.

This made me laugh and cry at the same time:

Barnes was actually the second-worst graded off-ball linebacker in the entire NFL for coverage. Only former Lions LB Jahlani Tavai had a worse coverage grade, although Tavai also only played 20 pass-coverage snaps.

Jameson & St Brown.

On Defense, I’m going to have to go with ah Jack Fox, yeah. He really flips the field, which field position is the first part of successful Defense.

On offense, I’m going to have to go with uh Jack Fox, yeah. It’s pretty obvious that having this kind of unique weapon gives the Lions an unparalleled 4th down advantage.

On Special Teams, I’m going to have to go with ah Scott Daly…gotcha. It’s Jack Fox, of course!

3 Likes

Love it - so true.

1 Like

Sewell on O, (Ragnow #2)

Offense has 7 above average players as starters (Sewell, Ragnow, Decker, Jackson, Swift, Hock, ARSB). 8 if you count Jamo, which is awesome. All are here for the next 2 years +, and all are either already locked up or extension candidates.

Oruwariye on D, (Hutchinson #2)

Defense only has 1 above average starter (Oruwariye). 2 if you count Hutch. But the DL and secondary are young, with some really nice depth players with potential. Some aren’t gonna agree that Tracy Walker is just average. But he plays the FS role. And I have a strong opinion that your FS needs to force turnovers. He doesn’t do that at all. There’s nothing that stands out for me personally that makes him any better than average.

Hopefully we have long term answers in Levi, Alim, Paschal, CB2, and Joseph. Maybe a surprise at LB in Barnes, Rodriguez, Houston.

Looking forward to the most interesting and entertaining Lions season in a long time!

3 Likes

In all seriousness, I’m taking a prove-it approach to this season. I don’t believe any individual on this team has earned recognition…yet. There are a lot of promising returns from small sample sizes and steady performances, but not enough to justify extrapolating any one individual as the best.

Maybe its too many Blue Kool-aid hangovers, but I’ve seen the youth movement approach since I was a kid. I just need to see some solid results before I can get excited. Last year was 3-13-1, and we can all get excited by the way the team finished, but the simple fact is that Wayne Fontes is the most successful coach for playoff wins since the Ford’s purchased the Lions in 1963.

That’s criminal.

I am cautiously optimistic about the general direction, but if these players really like the coaching staff, they need to find a way to win. Prove it on the field. When I grew up, “potential” was a dirty word. It was a byword for saying someone was capable, but failing to deliver results. The Lions have had tons of potential during various times of my life. Now they need to get the job done.

Individual accolades can be meted out aplenty after the team succeeds.

2 Likes

Thinking outside the box here…but I’m going to go with the fans. We’ve been beaten up, ridiculed by fans of other teams, gotten our hopes up only to have our hearts ripped out god knows how many times over the year. We might not collect a paycheck from the organization, but who hasn’t used terms like “we”, “we’re” when talking about the Lions.

1 Like

On offense… Jack Fox
On defense… Fox, Jack

1 Like

We’re truly lucky to have him. Dude is definitely NOT “just a punter.”

We sure know how to draft em!!

HSV loving him some rookies?

shocked philip j fry GIF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.