Who is the best player in this draft right now?

Seeing as we need talent everywhere basically and now are in sole possession of the first overall pick for at least the next two weeks, who is the best player in this draft?

Not who are you taking at 1OA, who’s the best player?

Better question. Who is the poor bastard who is going to get their dreams crushed by the Lions?

11 Likes

Certainly don’t see a clear cut #1.

Thibodeaux or Neal the big left tackle from Alabama. After that Corrall is making the case to be the first QB taken. Then Hamilton the Safety and Stingley the CB

I’d rather not draft a QB that high. We don’t need a tackle. It’s a little sticky to pick S and CB in the top 5

But the highlights on Stingley are pretty sick. So much smoother in coverage and faster than Okudah ever looked

(looks around…raises hand)

2 Likes

Thats just you being Lion bashing Look how much that poor bastard will make in the first deal. Bash all you want but try an make your bash believable

I think once Thibs gets fully healthy we’ll see him as a 1OA. That foot still ain’t right, but he showed flashes in the 2nd half yesterday of looking like himself. If he doesn’t, and no one else blows up late, I try everything I can to trade with a team in the 5-10 range rather than reach for something that ain’t there.

Did anyone watch that game? He was dominant in the second half. 11 pressures and two sacks. He completely changed the way Cal ran their offense. That was more than flashes. That was Suh level dominance

I LOVE Kyle Hamilton but no one is taking a Safety with the top pick in the draft. The guy has elite size at 6’ 4 220 lbs, great speed and looks to be a very special player.

Thibodeaux when healthy is the BEST player talent wise and has higher positional value IMO. He changes the entire dynamics of the game.

3 Likes

On 22 snaps.

2 Likes

I had in on in the background while working around the house. I was just basing it on a few of the plays I was able to catch of him. He looked damn good to me, but I didn’t know if it was just the timing of my glances. I’m glad he’s back… we need that.

1 Like

100 percent

I think that Hamilton is up there in the uber elite category depending on how you feel about drafting a safety top 5.

2 Likes

When you have to use the qualifier “when healthy” that’s a hard no at 1 OA

It’s Thibodeaux, then Hamilton, then Neal.

I want thibs but if eagles call and offer both 1sts and we can come out of the top 10 with Hamilton/Karla fits then I’m fine with it

2 Likes

Just looked at the stat like again. One sack not two. But still it was a pretty sick performance. I think if he doesn’t come in, Oregon loses

I like Neal but I see him get lost more times then I’d like to for a top 10 talent.

He sprained his ankle early in week 2 against Fresno State. He tried to stay in, which was a mistake. Aside from that, I don’t recall him having a history of injuries. If you’re going to not draft a player 1OA because of a sprained ankle something is wrong, but then again this is the Lions we’re speaking on.

That’s a different situation. I read “when healthy” as a reoccurring situation.

1 Like