Who is Your Favorite Lion's Pick in this Draft?

Absolutely, he’s hilarious but he seems like a highly intelligent dude.

1 Like

They’re all very thoughtful (or the one’s that I’ve seen interviews of). I think that’s something we look for. Even someone like the UDFA Javon McKinkely. He’s been a F’k up at times but he’s very intelligent and self-reflective.

I’ll rank them in order of excitement level:

Sewell
St. Brown
McNeill
Melifonwu
Onwuzurike
Barnes
Jefferson

I’m pretty much digging them all though.

3 Likes

The Tom Brady of RBs :wink:

Yeah - that quote brought laughter and nearly tears of gratitude. We’re about to get much nastier.

Yup - you can tell he means it. Nothing to prove, not trying to talk himself into anything, just speaking his truth from a centered place. This is gonna be fun.

2 Likes

^this^

Toward the end, I must’ve drafted Barnes on the PFF mock draft simulator about 25 times at pick No. 153, partly because I thought he was better than the more highly ranked Justin Hilliard and he was a “value” pick at No. 132 overall.

1 Like

Academic All-American 3 years straight I believe.

3 Likes

A few years ago I was at an art opening with a friend. There were quite a few pictures at this exhibit and several times she identified pictures which she called her favorite. I called her on that and she explained the concept that you can have more than one favorite.

So I have 7 favorites in our draftee class at the moment.

If pressed, I suppose I would pick Jermar Jefferson because I’m expecting good things from all the earlier rounds, and JJ’s success would be the cherry on top. I like that his superpower is his vision, and not any extraordinary physical traits.

I’m more picky with our UDFA: I like Sage Surratt and Johnathan Adams, and I suspect they’ll be in the running for the last WR spot on the roster.

1 Like

We know he could exorcise the bad energy out of the building.
Pulling out ALL of the stops.
Getting tough guys,
Smart guys,
bringing in Saints/sun Gods (Amon-Ra St. Brown)
Saging the place (Sage)
People from Wakanda (many…most recently Onwuzurike)
Haka dancers (Sewell)
Book store owner (Barnes)
friggin curse of Bobby Lane doesn’t stand a chance.

2 Likes

Amon-ra. Gotta hunch he’s gonna be really good.

3 Likes

I’m going with the obvious in Sewell and Amon Ra. There is a legit chance Sewell goes down as one of the greatest OT’s ever. Amon Ra has the ability to be Hines Ward for us. He’s gonna fit right into the offense. Super excited to see what Swift does with Lynn and the run blocking we have.

1 Like

Sewell obviously, he’s going to be a beast smashing DEs and backers for years. I think in 2 years we will be in love with Barnes and he speed/athleticism.

1 Like

Sewell is my favorite because he would have been my pick if we were picking #1.

That said, I am really liking all of the picks in this draft. There is a grit with them that I like. For the first year of a culture changing rebuild, I think this is going to be one of those draft classes that sticks.

1 Like

Yeah, Sewell is an easy favorite. Just imagine having a DOMINANT offensive line. Haven’t heard that since before Barry retired with Lomas B. I would love to finally be able to pound the ball on short yardage and not be concerned about making a first down. Red zone will improved markedly as well.

The two DT’s are cofavorites other than the obvious Sewell due to the possiblity of a DOMINANT defensive line, and a first since the Suh days.

We’ve sucked in the trenches for years, and this draft has fixed that. We have cash to fill out some of the other holes before camp.

1 Like

Sewell, 100%.

The big man from the little island looks like an absolute stud and a freaking steal at #7.

1 Like

Sewell. I have always wanted to be a dominate team in the trenches and whenever Dallas or someone else added to their elite offensive lineman I was jealous. I wanted Sewell from day one. I have a friend who is a Purdue fanatic and a lions fan he says Barnes is gonna be nasty and a lot of what we have been hearing already…that he really POPPED with the change of position so he is my close 2nd.

So you’re saying Barnes is Noble?

2 Likes

Sewell IS the best pick, but McNeill’s my favorite. I’ve just really liked the guy since I first watched him. Guys his size don’t generally move the way he does.

3 Likes

And he hits dingers

2 Likes

I didn’t get to post too much on draft day, but my favorite pick was St Brown because as you watched it unfold you couldn’t believe he fell to us. So it was satisfying to see him fall and then ALSO to see us actually go through with the pick. I was holding my breath for Michael Carter, but this might be better.

Then after the draft I was extremely happy with the Derrick Barnes pick. You can only watch so many guys in a draft season and I didn’t get a chance to look at him. I saw his size and figured he was a thumper with limited athleticism, never bothered to really look close at his measurables. I was really concerned with who was left because I was holding my breath for Baron Browning as the 3rd round ended, and Monty Rice was my later round guy I thought they would target for the MIKE. And he went earlier than Browning. After watching Brooks closer, I can definitely feel the love on that pick. I think he’ll be an outstanding off ball linebacker for us, and I think he can rush the passer on the EDGE too. I understand why they felt they needed to trade up here. I bet Denver was going to take him. One thing that stands out to me is Barnes 20 yard split on his RAS card. He can get sideline to sideline in a hurry.

1 Like

Those who wanted Nick Bolton should be geeked that we got Barnes at #113. This dude is the consummate teammate too, from the interviews I’ve read and seen.

And you’re probably right about Denver being the motivation to trade up.

1 Like