Who plays in Final Pre-season game?

If you could 1000% guarantee that no one would get injured, the starters would play a quarter, maybe a half. There is no such guarantee. They won’t see the field as a unit.

You might get a player or two who forcefully requests/demands to get a few reps, that’ll be it. Out of 22 starters on offense and defense I put the over/under at 1.5 . I’d bet $100 on the under.

1 Like

I think we see a the ones in for one series of downs.

4 Likes

SIX DEUCE is gonna be the MVP of this game.

He’s gonna murder 'em.

1 Like

I would take the over as i think both okudah and rodrigo get some burn and that they will be week 1 starters. But not saying that it will be much more than that.

2 Likes

It’ll be the backup bowl again! Don’t see the starters playing at all.

For me, 50/50 in one drive and no more than a full Qtr

2 drives max for the starters

I’m going one series for each side of the ball.

Seems like a fit here from a new somewhat duplicate thread by @detroit1811 1811

August 22, 2022 1:46 pm ET

Lions quarterback Jared Goff’s preseason is over. Coach Dan Campbell declared that Goff will not play in the team’s final preseason matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

“He’s not gonna talk me into it,” Campbell joked in his pre-practice press conference on Monday.

Buy Lions Wire

Goff also sat out the second preseason game, a 27-26 win over the Colts in Indianapolis. That game followed two intense days of joint practices where Goff played extensively. No. 16 executed a fantastic opening drive in the first preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons and has not played since.

Campbell did note that other starters are expected to play. He also indicated that the Steelers will play their starters “about a half,” according to Campbell’s conversation with Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin. The Lions will match that, per Campbell.

When asked if Tim Boyle or David Blough would get the start, Campbell indicated that Boyle was the likely starter but it’s yet to be determined. Blough and Boyle are in a fierce competition to be Goff’s primary backup.

I’d have lost a $100 I guess.

All I know is that hopefully I only have to watch our backup quarterbacks play one more game this season.

2 Likes

I hope Campbell knows what he’s doing. 3-13-1 typically doesn’t earn the preseason easy street treatment.

1 Like

TCLion

2h

I hope Campbell knows what he’s doing. 3-13-1 typically doesn’t earn the preseason easy street treatment.

WELL SAID!!

THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! WE SAW HOW SLOW GOFF WAS LAST YEAR. GIVE HIM THE WORK!!!

1 Like

I don’t want Goff behind our 2nd unit OL.

We lost Decker and Ragnow last year and Big V is gimpy. I don’t want to lose those guys in pre season either.

Thusly, I want to see more of his fiancee’, less of Goff

6 Likes

His fiancée is likely better than our backups.

1 Like

She’s a human jugs machine that’s for sure!!

3 Likes

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

2 Likes

You’ve watched our backup quarterbacks play. Would you risk Goff getting hurt? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

If you go watch the Bus video with TJ, he answers this question at the end of it….

Goff doesn’t need to play this Sunday…

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.