Who Stays and Who Goes?

Why doesn’t it make sense for a rebuilding team? Not every move has to have an eye on the future. If the Bears want to get better at WR, they wont do much better than Cooks this offseason.

It actually makes perfect sense for a team trying to go from pick #2 to #1. The team in front of them wants picks and have a ton of money. And Cooks fills a position they are probably looking at. Money is also not an issue for them for this season or next. His contract is perfect for them.

I don’t know if anyone else makes more sense than the Bears.

If they are sticking with Fields, I think that’s where WR’s will hate playing. Like they traded a high 2nd rounder for Claypool and then rarely even threw him the ball. I’d build a run heavy offense and beef up the O-line if I was sticking with Fields. Kinda like the Ravens did with Lamar.

I still think they should draft Young and trade Fields, but hope they don’t.

1 Like

Why would a team spend 18mil on a soon to be 30 year old WR with one more year left on his deal after that when they don’t expect to be competitive until after he is gone? Its literally the worst way to start rebuilding a program and completely against what Chicago did in Eberflus first season. They gutted their roster of all high priced aging vets and tanked for a season. They got the 1st pick and now its time to start building it back up with players who are long term options. I would love for the Bears to waste capital and cap space on Cooks.

I don’t need to waste my time arguing as I have gone down this road with you before and I doubt either of us change our mind.

I absolutely agree with this. It’s why I think the ravens never cared to add top WRs. Why give them weapons when they can’t even throw outside the numbers lol :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

That being said, the fan base preaches give him weapons. I highly doubt they go into next season without adding at least a WR3. Cooks is perfect. He wants out, you don’t have to commit long term, money has no influence for chicago, and he’s not a high volume guy. He’s a big play guy. On top of that, with the speculation that the Texans have to get to #1 to get their guy, I think it’s safe to assume Cooks will be discussed.

I don’t see a more likely landing spot at this point than the Bears under the circumstances.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I mean. haha

1 Like

The Bears are going to look a heck of a lot different when the season begins. With the money they have, the potential draft capital they have, they might add more talent than anyone in the league. Adding a WR, regardless of his long term outlook, benefits their top asset, Justin Fields. They need talent wherever they can get it. Cooks contract is not much of an issue for a team with 100m in cap space.

Just let me ask a question. Are you suggesting Brandin Cooks doesn’t get traded? Because he almost certainly is. And I would bet he gets discussed between Houston and Chicago when they discuss a potential trade for the 1st pick.

I am saying IF Cooks gets traded, it will not be to a team like Chicago. If will be to a team that has legitimate aspirations for the playoffs and more. I will eat my crow if I’m wrong, but no way he goes to Chicago.

AO has sucked his entire career.

Yep, he needs an OL to buy him time to throw the ball. W/o that he’s still running for his life and chucking the ball.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.