Who will be the Detroit Lion's 3 Starting CB's Week 1?

They have Sutton locked in to one of the outside CB positions
Gardner-Johnson as the nickel
The other outside spot is between Mosely and Okudah with Mosely slightly behind to start training camp due to missing OTA’s.

2 Likes

Moesely, Okudah, and CGJ … seems weird to have 3 guys on a 1 year prove it deals when we have our other CB Sutton locked in.

I’d imagine they are going to rush Moesely back or Tracey back…

CB- Sutton… Okudah
CB- Jacobs… Moesely
NB- Harris… Mccain…Lucas
SS- CGJ… Tracey… CJ Moore
FS- Kerby… Iffy

That’s how I see it as of right now

2 Likes

me too except switch tracy and iffy.

1 Like

Starters: Sutton - Okudah - CJ (NB) - Walker - Joseph
CB Depth: Jacobs, Moseley, Harris, Lucas
S Depth: Iffy, Moore

There is a ton of overlap with these guys, CB/NB/S, not to mention Special Teams.

1 Like

I think Sutton, Okudah, and Jacobs are the starting 3 CBs on day 1. Sutton can play in the slot or outside, those are likely our 3 best/healthiest guys. Moseley will play a lot once he is up to speed.

Kerby and CGJ at the safety spots, with Walker playing a ton when healthy.

Holy crap has that room improved…

4 Likes

This is the player AG coached:

2 Likes

CB Sutton
CB Mosely
NB Gardner
FS Kerby
SS Walker

There will be times where Gardner will line up at safety, nb, and even times at lb.

Okudah and Mosely will be in a tough battle to start.

5 Likes

I think the Okudah/Mosely competition will boil down to how healthy Mosely is at the start of training camp. If above 80% then a good chance he is the starter game 1.

2 Likes

Exactly, along with Jacobs havin’ a little sum’n to say 'bout it.

2 Likes

Nickel:
CB-Sutton
NB-CJCG
CB-Okudah

Base:
CB-Sutton
CB-Okudah
S-CJ
S-Kerby

Someone, I believe was Jeff Reisman (POD) said: "This is the first offseason since Okudah’s been in the league, that he gets to just train. I think that will make a world of difference in his preparation for the season. Moseley can be brought along slowly. So will Tracey Walker II. Once everyone is healthy, it will be a battle royale of talented individuals.

3 Likes

Mosely is really good. He was viewed as the 49ers #1 cb.

1 Like

I just really hope all this talent around Okudah will finally unlock his talent he has the tools it’s just not showing on the field for whatever reason.

1 Like

I understand that, I believe his question has been health and not just the recent injury. That is from memory so take it with a large grain of salt.

1 Like

Lions allegedly love Jerry. He’s likely to start on the outside.

2 Likes

Sutton
Okuda
CJGJ
Walker
JKerb

1 Like

I’ll put up what i kow will be a minority view, but I would love to see this as I think its where players are best suited.

Corners: Sutton, Jacobs, Okudah (NB).
Mosely if fully healthy will take over for Jacobs eventually.

Safety: KerJo, CGJ

Walker when healthy, could push KerJo and/or Okudah.
Iffy, man I don’t see alot of snaps for him.

“I’m the best Nickel in the league” (granted, it was recorded a year ago).

I love this dude. Can’t believe he’s from the south. He has an edge to his delivery that is very Detroit. Can’t wait until he gets a bit of the DvE treatment.

I think there is a chance that CGJ starts at S until Walker comes back as he has history there successful history as well.

I would then agree with the CB lineup until Mosely and Walker health is determined.

1 Like

Outside - Sutton, Jacobs
Nickel - CJGJ
Safety - Walker, Joseph

In time I’d expect Moseley to beat out Jacobs for the starting role but I’m assuming he won’t be 100% ready.

I don’t put too much stock in the starters though, the depth and talent we have at DB gives us great optionality and I think we’ll see lots of different looks in the backfield depending on the opponent. Sutton and CJGJ will be on the field for every snap that they’re healthy, and Glenn can sort of mix and match around that depending on what’s required on a play to play and game to game basis.

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: