Who's your favorite FA still available?

Za’Darius Smith is my favorite. Doubt our staff will be willing to pay the guy more than what he backed out on in Baltimore though.
Jabrill Peppers #2. Adding a safety to pair with Walker would round out our secondary (in my opinion).

I’m really intrigued by Keanu Neal as well. He’s switching back to his original hybrid safety position, which I feel will benefit his production. And with him having down years being switched to the LB position, he may come at a pretty cheap price.

1 Like

Bc he’s a top 7-10 pass rusher if he’s right. I would of course trust our doctors.

I think the Honey Badger would make a great impact on this young secondary.

1 Like

He is the type of player that elevates others around him. He has that type of leadership ability and just oozes confidence and energy. I also love what he brings to a defense with the versatility he brings.

Between his cost, his likely desire to play for a winner, and his age, I don’t think its an option.

He backed out of the deal

Henry Ruggs. :rofl:

1 Like

I feel like adding a decent LB would be the best thing for this defense.

1 Like

If I had to bet on it, that is the one addition I believe will be made. Not sure who, but there are options.

Wager
Alexander Johnson
Schobert (don’t want him, but Wash knows him well)
Hightower
Van Noy
Trvathan
Kwiatkoski
Jayon Brown
Jarad Davis (don’t laugh, Campbell reportedly wanted him back last year)
Kwon Alexander
Kenny Young
Anthony Barr
Kyzir White

There are quite a few names out there who will likely be starting for someone in 2022. Most of these guys, with the exception of Wagner, will cost 5mil AAV or less, and likely sign a short term contract.

Arden Key

2 Likes

Gag Me Christine Taylor GIF

1 Like

He was even worse with the Jets than the Lions, and that’s hard to do. What a horrible pick he was. With the Jets, 9 games - 0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 passes defended, and a 28 rating from PFF, which was the worst rating i’ve seen for a linebacker.

1 Like

Assuming he was willing to sign a one year deal under 2mil, I could see us bringing him back. Below is from Campbell not long after he got hired.

“Davis, man,” Campbell said on local radio station 97.1 The Ticket. “One of the first things I circled was if we’re running inside zone or we’re running our 42 ace, our lead draw, and you’re leading on number 40, man you better freakin’ be ready for him to drop his hat, and hit you right under the chin. He will literally split your chin open and knock your hat off.”

“Look, I can’t tell you what we’re going to do in free agency, but when you state it like that, Jarrad Davis, there’s something about that guy, man,” Campbell said. “Things I hear about the way he was coached, and just knowing the ability and aggressiveness, he intrigues me. He pops off the tape and you feel like, man, can we help this guy? Can we make this guy a better player?”

I think that falls squarely under the “I’m obligated to say something nice about the guy in this situation” quotes.

And even for that, it’s pretty bad. When what “pops off the tape” is wondering if/how you can help the guy, that ain’t great.

1 Like

I believe when he first took the job he specifically mentioned Vatai and Davis as guys that really intrigued him. That was an umprompted remark at the time.

I am not saying to bring him back, just saying that if he was cheap, Campbell might try bringing him back and coaching him up.

Good call on that one. Big V was a solid starter last year.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.