Why didn't Cominsky go to IR?

I mean, the guy had thumb surgery. I’d believe he’d be out for a good amount of time right?

Why didn’t we move him to the IR? That’s at least got to be a good sign right?

1 Like

I wondered the same thing, maybe he’s going to try to play with a cast on!?

1 Like

Never even thought about that. Getting him back would be a big deal.

1 Like

Jonah’s sitation is basically the same, finger injury but not put on IR. But neither are practicing.

This might be the answer though…

Teams are allowed to return a maximum of eight players from the IR during the season

We are only 3 weeks in, can’t be using all 8 spots up in the first half of the season.

3 Likes

Yeah, not everyone can go on IR and come back, some guys you have to limp along however you can until they can contribute again. Like you said, he’ll probably come back with a club on his hand in a few weeks.

2 Likes

Didn’t Goff play with a broken thumb a week after he had surgery? And these guys can’t play OL/DL?

I’m being kind of sort of serious but I mean… seems a little weird

Not all injuries are the same though of course

1 Like

Decker missed a half season with a broken finger. You can play with a cast on, but how effective will you be is the question? It’s a big deal for linemen, because now you can no longer latch on to another players shoulder pads.

1 Like

For sure, I can see that.

But you can still punch and maybe kind of grab?

I hear ya but also too, Goff being able to throw a week after thumb surgery. The thumb is huge in throwing isn’t it?

Hard to grab anything with this on your hand.

3 Likes

Yea for sure. It was a playoff game and he was forced to come off the bench because Warford got knocked out with a concussion.

1 Like

“I went to put my hand up on my steering wheel just to put it at the top, and I caught it going down this way,” Jackson said. “It’s not a tear-jerker, but it’s up there.”

More Lions getting injured in their car!! haha what a team

1 Like

Did he have a pizza???

1 Like

Like what was said you only have 8 times you can put on IR an bring back plus you look at roster an who you have also on PS an you decide.

Ex ample Comish we had depth with Bryant so you keep him on roster same with OG we had couple to fill in for short time.

You need to use your 8 players carefully.

This is why i don’t drive naked

1 Like

and sometimes they just get injured worse than before by playing them early…not as easy as cherry picking guys off the IR list.

1 Like

Especially when you have 1/2 the team on IR

That’s Jemari Cottonswab. It’s an empowering story how he overcame being born with a cue tip for a left arm and still played D1 football.

3 Likes

I’m sure the Wendy’s employees really appreciate that!!

1 Like

So you don’t drive a stick?

2 Likes