Why I Hope Lions Select in rd two Trenton Simpson LB

The linebacker position has evolved into a coverage-first position — a role Simpson can thrive in.
Simpson is at his best in space where he can fly sideline to sideline, using his speed to his advantage. Tremendous movement skills allows him to play a variety of positions. He has great physical tests .
240 at 6’2" 40 is 4.43 10 yard split 1.55
In right defense, one that takes advantage of his strengths coming downhill and playing in space he can be a tremendous weapon. In coverage, Simpson chalked up a QB rating when targeted of 96.5.
Why does he fit Lions beside his football ability. DNA also The son of a decorated U.S. Army Ranger, greatness wasn’t hoped for, it was expected.

8 Likes

Great dude it seems

What about at #18 ?

4 Likes

I think to early for Lions I have him at 55 second pick rd 2

My draft right now is for first two rds. If Wilson is gone an Anderson an i expect them to be gone. Carter I don’t think Lions take him

At 6 Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR If Chark is not back
18 Deonte Banks CB
48 Keeanu Benton DT
55 Trenton Simpson LB

I think Banks is really good an if there take him I know we have signed a couple you expect to start but two are one year deals I like rd one insurance an CB are pricey an I think he is very good.

Benton I will repeat he is big an strong an fast enough he plays 3 tech an NT

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing yote.

You know me, I’m back to the trenches

1A) Carter DT 1B) O’Cyrus Torrence RG
or
1A) Skoronski G/T 1B) Kancey/Breesee DT

48) Jack Campbell MLB starting by end of year. Anzalone great depth/leader/expensive 4th LB for year 2
55- Darious Rush CB raw plays behind Okudah/Moesely for a year next year he will be ready

I’m more set on my Round 2 picks then I am round 1. Pick 55 good spot to trade down to houston get our 4th back

1. Kraft TE - (David Sloan) Maybe Tillman/Mingo WR or Achane RB

It would be interesting if Simpson and Campbell were on the board together at 48…

It would be surprising (pleasantly) if Simpson were there at #55. Even before the combine, where he looked great, he was expected to be a mid-late first rounder.

I’d be ok with him at #18.

I like Rush

He can’t tackle. No LB in the draft pry misses more tackles. He had a 13% missed tackle rate.

3 Likes

If you really like a candidate, you shouldnt hope for them to be picked in rnd 2 loll.

1 Like

that doesn’t compute thats why they have 7 rounds Not everyone is a round one pick. WOW!

1 Like

nah it’s bc our 2nd round picks are cursed

Simpson is interesting. I think a team will draft him much higher than his tape says. He has the right size, he is a rocked up 240 lbs and he runs a 4.43 What more could you want? I don’t know what happened at Clemson but they just had so many high end prospects that didn’t live up to their billing. He plays well in space but he just don’t come down hill like you want in a LB. He doesn’t stack and shed well but he does make enough splash plays to show potential. He has not been a tackling machine but some team will think they can coach him up. He could have success if he has the right situation with some big guys up front that eat blocks.

2 Likes

Well he has zero instincts
Over runs plays
And can’t tackle
Clemson fans say stay away from their defenders… none lived up to expectations on an ultra loaded team

Ernie Sims 2.0?

Jared Davis was highly touted too. Instincts are the most important lb trait

1 Like

Wait until Paschal gets 10 sacks this year… Bradly “the curse reverser” Holmes

1 Like

The had a couple underclassmen defenders that played well. But man from a player development standpoint sleuthing at Clemson seems broken.

Wait til Pascal is inactive because Cominsky , Romeo, Harris and Houston and Jailin Carter have his spots lol

Bradly I wanna trade up for Levi Holmes

His tackling is horrible.

I’d rather Campbell.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.