Why I think Anthony Richardson's in play at #6

Just catching up on this thread… lots of good stuff. I have nothing to add, but I’d be down for him at 6…

4 Likes

I don’t think he’ll last until the 6th round.

1 Like

Lol at 6 overall I meant, with our first pick

So we disagree. Love the insight. There isn’t really a chance he goes in the 2nd or 3rd. This isn’t Malik Willis.

No. Why would I, a person who is connect to Goff, root against Goff. This is a business. This isn’t about emotions.

The money aspect is real. Time will tell.

FYI: I’m not even saying I am a big supporter of AR15. As @Thats2 has said so well. This is a legit talking point. This is real. It’s part of the conversation. To just Shit on it as sounding as a bias an individual has is disingenuous to the idea of conversation and exploring all avenues.

I do believe a qb is being strongly considered in the first. And I do 100% believe that Goff will not sign an extension in Detroit. Could that change yes, but then that means the information out there has changed. And right now everything that is being said and talked about it that the long term success of Detroit is being considered right now……

4 Likes

While AR isn’t Malik Willis and I think a better prospect I think there’s a bit of the MW effect happening around AR

Media and fans always pick one QB as draft time comes near to hype the shit out of. Mocks will have him as the number one pick. People in the Lions board will fill threads with hundreds of posts on whether we should draft him at 6OA

But come draft time he probably falls to the second round. And for a one year starter who was wildly inaccurate in college who struggles with mechanics, that’s probably a more realistic draft slot for someone who probably needs two years of coaching before they are ready to be an NFL QB

1 Like

Being better than Malik Willis as a prospect, maybe so, but that is not a very high bar. That’s like being better at dunking basketballs than Gary Coleman.

1 Like

I know, I consider #6 overall to be just as ridiculous as the 6th round.

Someone may take a flyer on him in the 2nd but I think he’s more likely to go in the 3rd as you know going in that he’s no where near ready to play at the NFL level.

Desmond Ridder lasted until the 3rd round and I think he’ll be a better NFL QB than Richardson.

There is a difference. The people who at least told me MW was a 3rd rounder are saying AR15 is a top 15….the national pundits who were eh about MW are not about AR15…

3 Likes

Why don’t people like this guy? He didn’t miss a single throw in this video.

2 Likes

Apparently he is Willis 2.0 and Desmond frickon Ridder is a better talent.

Give Up GIF by TLC Europe

1 Like

I’m not a scout or an expert by any means, but I just like what I see. He’s got a great arm, he’s big, and if he can become a pass first run second guy, I think he’s as good as any other qb in the draft. He wasn’t surrounded by a great team at Florida but he still made his plays.

I just like him as a QB and with our coaching staff knowing they could really develop him this could be the perfect place for him.

4 Likes

Lol I know it’s a highlight video and not a lowlight video… but still those throws, his speed… man with him Jamo st brown and a new RB… we would have one heck of an offense

2 Likes

Yes on the Ridder part. Ridder’s last game he was 19/30 224 yards 2 TD 0 INT QB rating 108

I don’t believe Richardson is capable of having a game of that level in the NFL for at least 2 years.

2 Likes

Well he wouldn’t have to worry about starting for at least 1 year

1 Like

QB is potentially the most intellectual position in all of North American sports yet some people just want to put random athlete in there and “sure we can develop him”. Um, not bloody likely old chap. The real skill is all up in the cranium and you either have it or you don’t.

Let’s see if Hurts can pull one out for the mobile QB crowd, although he’s a damn smart mobile QB. His decision making is A grade.

2 Likes

The talking point is fine. I disagree completely with it in this draft, but no issue with the talking point. Im also aware it’s not what he’d want, and I agree with him.

Where i disagree is this idea that building for the future disqualified Goff. I find that argument ludicrous. Financially as I pointed out. It falls on it’s face. In a yr or 2 extending Goff isn’t as high as the cost would be to resign AR15 if he miraculously panned out, because in 4 yrs his hit is bigger than Goffs would be. Campbell and Holmes love Goff, Goff appears to love it here, i don’t see why it doesn’t get done. Goff fits perfectly into a 10 yr window

Now if you have reliable insider knowledge that disputes everything Holmes, Campbell, and Goff have claimed publicly, I’d be interested in hearing it.

As to AR15, i don’t see a great passer by any stretch, he is highly inaccurate. One of the key qualities you look for in a QB, not if he’s a good running back. He has a live arm, he can extend plays, he can create plays, but he’s just as likely to turf it on a screen or throw it 5 yds over a WRs head as he is to make the throw. He is marginally further ahead if where Willis was. It is not night and day. If we took him at 6, as much as I like Holmes, i would be stunned.

2 Likes

I think he comps with Terrell Pryor more than Malik Willis actually

AR: 6-4, 236 lbs
TP: 6-4, 228 lbs. Ran a 4.34 40

AR: 327 PA, 53.8% Completion, 7.8 Y/A, 17 TD, 9 INT 654 Rush Yds, 6.3 YPC, 9 TD

TP: 323 PA, 65% Completion, 8.6 Y/A, 27 TD, 11 INT // 754 Rush Yds, 5.6 YPC, 4 TD

It’s also a huge departure from every quarterback that Holmes has ever drafted who tend to be highly accurate pocket rhythm passers.

It’s also a radical departure from the offense they built with Ben Johnson. I’m not sure Florida had Richardson ever play in a structured offense. They designed a Lotta runs and wanted him to do things off script.

What’s the point of even keeping Ben Johnson around if that’s what we’re transitioning to?

College stats:

*2016 Alabama SEC FR QB 15 240 382 62.8 2780 7.3 7.4 23 9 139.1
*2017 Alabama SEC SO QB 14 154 255 60.4 2081 8.2 9.3 17 1 150.2
*2018 Alabama SEC JR QB 13 51 70 72.9 765 10.9 11.9 8 2 196.7
*2019 Oklahoma Big 12 SR QB 14 237 340 69.7 3851 11.3 12.2 32 8 191.2
1 Like
  1. It’s not contradicting them at all.

2. you might be stunned about the entire first round.

Man, it’s gonna be a fun 4 months. I’m here for it. No matter what happens I am going to be happy.

1 Like

Hurts clearly wasn’t as good as Tua in college. I don’t know the reason for that. Late bloomer? Saban held him back? Wasn’t used properly? Not sure. But I’m as surprised as anyone about how good of a QB that Hurts has turned into. But I’ve seen enough to know it’s real. He’s an upper echelon QB.

1 Like