Why only Young or Stroud?

This is the first time I’ve actually watched Tennessee. Hendon Hooker looks legit. Extremely accurate, good with his legs, doesn’t turn it over.

They also have a freshman RB named Sampson that looks super explosive

Hooker is like buying Stroud on the clearance rack. If you like one of them, you probably like the other. Both great college QBs with questions IMO of how that will translate to the NFL. Georgia is as close as Hooker will face to a NFL defense and he wasn’t good.

I mean, Missouri is the 13th ranked defense. Not like he’s playing a garbage defense today.

I do know he had a tough day against Georgia

1 Like

I like Hooker, just not as a first rounder. The system spreads WR’s so far around and up. He hits deep balls great. Accuracy is good there. But I would like to see more deep outs, and TE’s running over the middle, fitting the ball in some tight windows. He screams system QB. Assuming he knocks his interviews out of the park, I’d have no objection taking him in the 2nd.

Because they are the only 2 the media talks about. Happens every year. One or both will drop before the draft while the guys that haven’t been talked about go before them.

1 Like

That arm on Joe Milton. Crazy stuff.

1 Like

Socko has some great insights and really good posts overall, but man does he lock into his assessments for better or worse…last year it was Hutch or bust…. This year it’s Bryce or bust-

I can’t say he was wrong in Hutch, though many felt the same. I was pro Hutch, but slightly nervous about his height/weight ratio and arm length. I was more nervous about Thibz attitude and durability, and I’m glad we took Hutch!

Bryce Young was worse against Georgia in January than Hooker was this year. I’d argue Hooker was better against Georgia than Bryce was vs LSU or Texas this year.

Right now we have Bo Nix, Hooker, Bryce and Stroud putting up video game numbers, and Levis and Richardson possessing elite traits…

If Dak, Russ, Brady, or Hurts were in this draft class- nobody would be advocating for them top 10….

10000000000000000%

This is by 10 miles the most comical top 100 prospect ranking I’ve ever seen this late in the season.

With 80% of the top juniors entering the draft nowadays, it’s a whole new ballgame projecting the draft!

Guys rarely play much as freshman at top programs, and top programs produce the most consistent nfl pipeline. So we see guys playing as sophomores in part time roles or simply making youthful mistakes….This years’ draft boards were out before many of the the top prospects even played a full season…

Draft Niks are reluctant to erase their September rankings and start over based on what has happened the last 10 weeks…. Last year Jordan Battle was mocked a 1st rounder through January, and then he decided to return to school based on where he was told he’d be drafted. Now he’s looking like a 3rd rounder…

1 Like

Young is an elite prospect. Just watch him play with that crappy supporting cast he has.

Stroud sucks.

Hooker is good, but he’s not a top 10 level player.

The only guys I would take in this class are Young and Hooker.

You are a trip man.

I get it you love OSU…. You are used to have multiple first round picks around your QB….

Bryce could be 6-3 this year after today.

Bryce young has had more NFL players around him than ANY TEAM HES PLAYED THIS YEAR!

Crappy for Bama cast? Sure- crappy compared to Stroud? Sure…. Crappy compared to Levis, Nix, Jefferson, no way

1 Like

Stroud doesn’t suck. It at all- will he be nfl elite? Who knows….

Wow Bama looks terrible. They definitely don’t belong in the CFP.

So let’s review…

Jahmyr Gibbs will be a 1st-2nd rounder this year
IOL Emil Ekyior will be a 3rd or 4th rounder.
Jacorey Brooks might be a day 2 pick next year. Same with JC Latham.

And after that what are you looking at NFL wise off that offense?

Sure someone off of that team will probably get drafted that I’m not thinking of because it’s Alabama, but I don’t see anyone today.

Alabama should be a 5-4 team today. They should have a really good shot at being 5-5 after today. They’re not. Their 2 losses came on the last 2 plays of 2 games to top 10 teams. They won the Texas game BECAUSE of Bryce.

I mean he could be a lot worse but he will never be the reason we win a game in college, and he will never turn into anything as a pro.

1 Like

I actually had Jermaine Johnson as my DE2 but I probably would have gone for Travon Walker because of the hype. I for sure didn’t want KT. No divas for me.

1 Like

I think Anthony Richardson will be a top half first rounder by the time the draft season actually starts. He is so raw but its quite obvious that he could be an outstanding NFL QB with his size/arm strength. Its a very rare combination. He can make it all look so effortless.

1 Like

I wouldn’t touch Hooker either(even if they’re free)
He is very old for a college QB! He will be 25 in January.
I am not opposed to Young, he is just on the smaller side but if he can play, I am all for it.

I feel like he will be another one of those “guys” that have it all physically but can’t put it together mentally. I am not sold on him unless its 3rd round or later.

Almost everyone on the board does this. So many people have already decided Jalen Carter isn’t worth it because of watching him once or twice early this year while he was hurt, or even just looking at a box score.

We should all remain open-minded about every prospect. This includes you on Bryce Young. I love him as a prospect personally but am 100% willing to admit I could be wrong. We’re wrong all the time.

1 Like

Alabama’s o-line is such crap it’s hard to evaluate Gibbs.

I remember. You don’t flip flop…. I respect that.

I just don’t think Bryce Young will be an NFL an of any relevance, and I will stand by that. If somehow he ends up a Lion I will be nervous, but all in on him because I won’t have a choice. Lol

2 Likes