Why shouldn't we get Haaasan Reddick?

It happened like the last few days before week 1. Only reason I know is bc naturally that was huge news here in Pittsburgh. Just think, if we had been smart we could have signed him out of college. I think that stings most about him is I guess we did like him and it was a him or Davis kinda thing……talk about major major WTF….

I agree with Air in that I go get our own rookie edge guy. Romeo is back and we have promising talent in Julian Okwara (5 2021 sacks, 25 in December), Austin Bryant (4.5 2021 sacks, 26 in November). Romeo turns 27 in June.

If we add a top rookie to that group and re-sign the Devil-We-Know in Charles Harris (likely cheaper than many, esp. if the free agent class is full thus lowering the price due to there being a buyers market) that is a loaded edge room:
Hutch/Thibs, Charles Harris (re-signed), Romeo Okwara, Julian Okwara and Austin Bryant. That is an affordable and solid edge group.

To me insider LBer is where the holes are. Derrick Barnes likely has a future here and he will grow as an inside backer BUT Jalen Reeves maybin and Alex Anzalone are free agents and I see them both a high effort depth guys.

I just don’t think we need Reddick noting Haason is in the 235-240 range nd that might be seen as too small here?

1 Like

This! I said exactly that in another thread. That’s a solid 5 man edge rotation. And the oldest guy would be 26 years old. It would be young and talented. Flowers is gone for sure.

My only concern would be injury history, both Okwara’s have been injured often in their careers and Bryant has been injured a ton. Finally got some meaningful playing time this year.

1 Like