Why Trading with the Patriots Makes Sense

I will never understand this fanbase’s obsession with trading down.

Lions have basically no elite players. Trading down gets you further and further away from those guys you need NOW to win.

2 Likes

Correct, as it will take 2-3 years for them to get to their peak, which is right when we are supposed to be competitive again.

Studs

Beenz

We lack difference makers. I’m ok trading down a few spots if we can still land a difference maker but the Lions have a shot at one of the best players in this draft. I don’t think we should pass on that opportunity.

Aaron Donald lasted to 13 because mayhew was an idiot. It still pisses me off that we could have had Donald or Taylor lewan. Both positions of huge need at the time. Instead we took a tight end with questionable hands and work ethic…ugh!!!

Ok I am conceding. After giving it more thought and looking at a few past trades, The Patriots need to pay through the nose to get the #7.

Future 1sts thrown in as well.

QBs are so hard to predict I think this would be Fleecing the Patriots.

Belichick is hard to predict… but seems like even he would have to consider the trade up for the right QB… especially at his age. Wonder how long he plans to stay?

There was talk that Bill B. Wanted to trade with SF to bring back Gatoppolo. Did you see what SF was asking for him?

They are making it easier for Bill to justify trading up in the draft.