Wilkins or Hunter?

Hunter, easily.

1 Like

We do. It’s just young. By next year that narrative will disappear

1 Like

You just named 6 players as elite, 3 of which are offensive lineman. Not saying you are wrong but that list doesn’t match the other contenders around the league. Also, not everyone reaches their max potential. LaPorta and Gibbs were amazing and I have no issues referring to them as elite. Also see the same outlook as you in regards to Branch. The LB core however isn’t great. If Jack ends up what we all hope sure, he can join the list of team stars.

The main point of my response, which I probably didn’t relay very well, is that this team would benefit greatly from having a Danielle Hunter opposite Hutch. That single player would completely transform the defense. And giving a big 3 year contract to an outside FA doesn’t affect the long term cap or the guys who will be due for extensions over the life of the contract.

You want to see this team take another leap? Get to the QB. Eventually our luck in the draft is going to come down to the mean. Relying on a rookie to improve this pass rush is a mistake imo. Get a proven guy and watch the defense go up a couple notches. And watch Aiden Hutchinson become TJ Watt because he has his Alex Highsmith opposite him.

As to your last point…not every David Montgomery esque signing is going to return what he did. We have been extremely lucky and fortunate with our FA/draft hits of the middling variety. It won’t happen this way forever…

2 Likes

Why do you think Hunter will disappoint? I want your argument.

Here are his stats.

He did have a couple injured seasons where he still put up at least 6 sacks. Last year he was the dpoy leading candidate through week 10 and finished with 16.5 sacks. He was as good or better than Hutch last year…

He is in his prime. Reports are he is a culture fit.

What am i missing?

3 years 65 mil - coming off the books before Hutcheson’s next deal fully kicks in… sounds like a fit to me

Pass rush could take us over the hump and win us a chip…

2 Likes

Hunter signs at 12:50 today!!!:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Danielle Hunter. Premier player at a desperate need spot. Takes a top player away from a division rival.

1 Like

He announced that?

No I am just hoping!!!

How bout both? Need a DE and a DT.

Jadeveon Clowney and DaQuan Jones both, for half the price of either

2 Likes

Exactly perfect fit. And also, draft a DE either this year or next that’ll take his spot.

Cominsky, Paschal, Houston as depth guys is nice

Jadeveon/Armstrong & Reader/Armstead

3 Likes

Hey now… BOTH way my cracked out idea

I think this years DE class sucks after the top guys who we wont have access to. I want to draft CBs, OL, and WR from this class.

2 Likes

Maybe we should look at it this way…

There’s a lot better chance of getting a Wilkins level player out of say Johnny Newton than there is of getting a Hunter level player out of Chop Robinson or whoever else is available to us in the draft.

1 Like

Hunter will be ours I am sure of it!!! I’ll take Wilkinson but damn are edges would be lights out.

Hunter and Hutch the bash brothers!

NFL network wants Hutch and Hunter lined up together!

I’m pretty sure whoever signs Hunter that he will test positive for steroids right away .

Wlkins to Raiders

Keep it here …

Wilkins and Crosby together will be tough for that division. Chiefs gotta keep that OL going to protect Mahomes.

2 Likes